Illuminated Book of Chaos
|Illuminated Book of Chaos|
|Release||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||This book can be reclaimed from the bookcase in your player-owned house for a fee, are you sure you wish to destroy it?|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charge, Preach, Destroy|
|Equipped||Activate/Deactivate, Check charge, Preach|
|The holy book of Zamorak.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Illuminated Book of Chaos is one of the illuminated god books obtainable after completing the quest One Piercing Note. It is created by going into one of the south-western rooms in the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede and using Zamorak's Book of Chaos on the book-making table. This requires 60 Prayer and 60 Crafting, and grants 10,000 Prayer and Crafting experience the first time it is done. The process produces an additional item, rather than replacing an existing book. Creating the Illuminated Book of Chaos also unlocks the corresponding override.
The Illuminated Book of Chaos has better stats than the original Book of Chaos in all applicable categories. If lost, it can be reclaimed from a player-owned house bookcase for 120,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional god pages in order to activate the passive effect.
Book info[edit | edit source]
|Illuminated Book of Chaos|
|Databox • Talk page|
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive[edit | edit source]
The book of chaos can be activated like a scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Zamorak page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the original book. 3 hours is the maximum amount of time that the book can be charged for; giving it a recharge of 4 total pages from 0 to 100%.
The passive effect has a 6.6% chance per hit to activate. When it activates, a dark explosion hits the target and the surrounding targets in a 3x3 area for 150-250% damage (split over all targets) (PvP: 50-150%). Based on K'ril Tsutsaroth's 'YARRR' attack.
Creation[edit | edit source]
To create an Illuminated Book of Chaos, the player must first go to the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede east of Al Kharid. They must then use the original Book of Chaos on the book-making table and correctly follow the procedure for book copying. Steps must be performed in order; otherwise, the copy is ruined, and players must begin again. The steps are:
- Copy text
- Embellish capitals
- Add colour
- Add gold leaf
Each step of the process consumes between 200 and 250 Prayer points. There is a nearby altar in the Abbey that can be used to recharge Prayer if necessary. Attempting a step with less than 200 Prayer points will reset your progress and force you to start over. Gold leaf is not required to complete the book, as it is provided by the table.
Completing the illuminated book awards players with 10,000 Crafting experience and 10,000 Prayer experience the first time it is done, and unlocks the corresponding override. As the process creates a new item, the player may keep or discard the original copy as desired.
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Item(s) consumed||1 × Zamorak page 1||1 × Zamorak page 2||1 × Zamorak page 3||1 × Zamorak page 4|
|Total GE Price||81,781||81,465||82,221||79,243|
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- May your union not be harmonious, but may your conflicts make you stronger, in Zamorak's name, now two are one.
- The weak deserve to die, so the strong may flourish. This is the creed of Zamorak.
- May you reject all safe paths, and embrace all challenges. Zamorak bring you strength.
- As Zamorak seized the power of godhood, so should you seize all power within your grasp, find strength in the chaos of Zamorak!
- Two great warriors, joined by hand, to spread destruction across the land. In Zamorak's name, now two are one.
- The weak deserve to die, so the strong may flourish. This is the will of Zamorak.
- May your bloodthirst never be sated, and may all your battles be glorious. Zamorak bring you strength.
- Battles are not lost and won; They simply remove the weak from the equation. Zamorak give me strength!
- Those who fight, then run away, shame Zamorak with their cowardice. Zamorak give me strength!
- Battle is my those who choose to disagree with it. Zamorak give me strength!
- Strike fast, strike hard, strike true: The strength of Zamorak will be with you. Zamorak give me strength!
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 23 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The illuminated god books have been renamed to match the changes made to the regular versions.
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- The illuminated books of the gods can now be added to the Player-Owned House bookcase.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Creating Illuminated god books is now using the correct amount of prayer points per step.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|God books (Override)|
|Illuminated god books (Override)|