Illuminated Book of Balance
|Illuminated Book of Balance|
|Release||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||This book can be reclaimed from the bookcase in your player-owned house for a fee, are you sure you wish to destroy it?|
|The holy book of Guthix.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Illuminated Book of Balance is one of the illuminated god books obtainable after completing the quest One Piercing Note. It is created by going into one of the south-western rooms in the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede and using Guthix's Book of Balance on the book-making table. This requires 60 Prayer and 60 Crafting, and grants 10,000 Prayer and Crafting experience the first time it is done. The process produces an additional item, rather than replacing an existing book. Creating the Illuminated Book of Balance also unlocks the corresponding override.
The Illuminated Book of Balance has better stats than the original Book of Balance in all applicable categories. If lost, it can be reclaimed from a player-owned house bookcase for 120,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional god pages in order to activate the passive effect.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Style||? (edit)||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive[edit | edit source]
The book of balance can be activated like a scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Guthix page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the original book. 3 hours is the maximum amount of time that the book can be charged for; giving it a recharge of 4 total pages from 0 to 100%.
The passive has a 5% chance per hit to activate. When it activates, the sword of edicts falls on the target, then burns and explodes. This deals an initial hit of 90-150%, 3 hits of 7.5-12.5%, and finally a hit of 37.5-62.5% (with the final hit being split in a 3x3 area, if there are multiple targets nearby), for a total of 150-250%. (PvP: initially 30-90%, 3 hits of 2.5-7.5%, and 12.5-37.5 AoE; total 50-150%).
Creation[edit | edit source]
To create an Illuminated Book of Balance, the player must first go to the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede east of Al Kharid. They must then use the original Book of Balance on the book-making table and correctly follow the procedure for book copying. Steps must be performed in order; otherwise, the copy is ruined, and players must begin again. The steps are:
- Copy text
- Embellish capitals
- Add colour
- Add gold leaf
Each step of the process consumes between 200 and 250 Prayer points. There is a nearby altar in the Abbey that can be used to recharge Prayer if necessary. Attempting a step with less than 200 Prayer points will reset your progress and force you to start over. Gold leaf is not required to complete the book, as it is provided by the table.
Completing the illuminated book awards players with 10,000 Crafting experience and 10,000 Prayer experience the first time it is done, and unlocks the corresponding override. As the process creates a new item, the player may keep or discard the original copy as desired.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- Light and dark, day and night, Balance arises from contrast. I unify thee in the name of Guthix.
- Thy death was not in vain, For it brought some balance to the world. May Guthix bring thee rest.
- Mayest thou walk the path, and never fall, For Guthix walks beside thee on thy journey. May Guthix bring thee peace.
- The trees, the earth, the sky, the waters: All play their part upon this land. May Guthix bring thee balance.
- All things must end, as all begin; Only Guthix knows the role thou must play. May Guthix bring you balance.
- In life, in death, in joy, in sorrow: May thine experience show thee balance. May Guthix bring you balance.
- Thou must do as thou must, no matter what. Thine actions bring balance to this world. May Guthix bring you balance.
- The river flows, the sun ignites, May you stand with Guthix in thy fights. May Guthix bring you balance.
- A journey of a single step, May take thee over a thousand miles. May Guthix bring you balance.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The illuminated god books have been renamed to match the changes made to the regular versions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|God books (Override)|
|Illuminated god books (Override)|