Illuminated Ancient Book
|Illuminated Ancient Book|
|Release||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||This book can be reclaimed from the bookcase in your player-owned house for a fee, are you sure you wish to destroy it?|
|The unholy book of a forgotten god.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Illuminated Ancient Book is one of the illuminated god books obtainable after completing the quest One Piercing Note. It is created by going into one of the south-western rooms in the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede and using the Ancient Book on the book-making table. This requires 60 Prayer and 60 Crafting, and grants 10,000 Prayer and Crafting experience the first time it is done. The process produces an additional item, rather than replacing an existing book. Creating the Illuminated Ancient Book also unlocks the corresponding override.
The Illuminated Ancient Book has better stats than the original Ancient Book in all applicable categories. If lost, it can be reclaimed from a player-owned house bookcase for 120,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional god pages in order to activate the passive effect.
Like the original Ancient Book, equipping this book offers no protection within the God Wars Dungeon.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive[edit | edit source]
The illuminated ancient book can be activated like a scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with Ancient page 1, Ancient page 2, Ancient page 3, or Ancient page 4, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the original book. 3 hours is the maximum amount of time that the book can be charged for; giving it a recharge of 4 total pages from 0 to 100%.
The passive has a 5% chance per hit to activate. When it activates, icicles hit and surround the target, dealing 120-200% damage (PvP: 40-120%) and binding the target for 4 seconds. This is based on Nex's ice prison attack.
Creation[edit | edit source]
To create an Illuminated Ancient Book, the player must first go to the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede east of Al Kharid. They must then use the original Ancient Book on the book-making table and correctly follow the procedure for book copying. Steps must be performed in order; otherwise, the copy is ruined, and players must begin again. The steps are:
- Copy text
- Embellish capitals
- Add colour
- Add gold leaf
Each step of the process consumes between 200 and 250 Prayer points. There is a nearby altar in the Abbey that can be used to recharge Prayer if necessary. Attempting a step with less than 200 Prayer points will reset your progress and force you to start over. Gold leaf is not required to complete the book, as it is provided by the table.
Completing the illuminated book awards players with 10,000 Crafting experience and 10,000 Prayer experience the first time it is done, and unlocks the corresponding override. As the process creates a new item, the player may keep or discard the original copy as desired.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- Ye faithful and loyal to the Great Lord, May ye together succeed in your deeds, Ye are now joined by the greatest power.
- Thy faith faltered, and no power could save thee. Like the Great Lord, one day thou shalt rise again!
- By day or night, in defeat or victory, The power of the Great Lord be with thee.
- Pray for the day that the Great Lord rises; It is the day thou shalt be rewarded. Power to the Great Lord!
- Though your enemies wish to silence thee, Do not falter, defy them to the end. Power to the Great Lord!
- The followers of the Great Lord are few, But they are powerful and mighty. Power to the Great Lord!
- Follower of the Great Lord be relieved: One day your loyalty will be rewarded. Power to the Great Lord!
- Oppressed thou art, but fear not: The day will come when the Great Lord rises. Power to the Great Lord!
- Fighting oppression is the wisest way, To prove your worth to the Great Lord. Power to the Great Lord!
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 23 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The illuminated god books have been renamed to match the changes made to the regular versions.
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- The illuminated books of the gods can now be added to the Player-Owned House bookcase.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Creating Illuminated god books is now using the correct amount of prayer points per step.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|God books (Override)|
|Illuminated god books (Override)|