Ilfeen Ithell is an elf who roams the northern area of the forest of Isafdar. She is a member of the Ithell Clan. She can be found in either the clearing south-east of the Elf Camp or the clearing east of the catapult clearing. Ilfeen teleports between the two locations about every 4 minutes, saying "I have things to do" just before she leaves. During the Prisoner of Glouphrie quest Ilfeen moves to Lletya permanently.
Ilfeen has a deep understanding of crystals. If you have a crystal weapon seed, crystal armour seed, crystal tool seed, or a crystal teleport seed, and have started the Mourning's End Part I quest, Ilfeen can enchant it back to a weapon, shield, tool, or teleport for a price. The price drops by 200,000 coins, 1,500 coins, or 150 coins, respectively, each time you have a seed enchanted; down to a minimum price:
||Cost for crystal weapons and shields
||Cost for crystal tools
||Cost for teleport seeds
|Fifth and thereafter
Once llfeen enchants a crystal seed at least once into an item she is then able to re-enchant partially degraded crystal equipment, at a proportion of the cost. For example, a Crystal weapon with 90% charges can be recharged back to full condition for 20,000 coins if the minimum recharge cost has already been reached. Crystal tools cannot be partially recharged; they have to be reverted to seed first. A recharge in this manner will not count towards reducing the cost for future re-enchantments.
New bows and wards may also be purchased from Islwyn for 1,000,000 coins without having a seed.
Ilfeen will give you the book, Crystal of seren, after you complete the Roving Elves quest. She will replace it if you lose it.
Ilfeen also says she is learning how to make crystal halberds but hasn't quite got the melody right yet. If The Path of Glouphrie is completed, you can talk to her and learn more about Oaknock and the crystal saw.
She also features in the Missing, Presumed Death quest.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- This npc will now recognise that you have enough money to recharge your Crystal bow when you have more than enough coins.
- patch 14 September 2011 (Update):
- Ilfeen's chat now states why she won't recharge a player's crystal shield / bow.
- patch 4 April 2011 (Update):
- This npc will no longer leave sound effects behind when she teleports away.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- Islwyn, Eluned and Ilfeen now use teleportation animations for transporting between different locations.
- Ilfeen formerly appeared to be wearing a cape of legends, however in Postbag from the Hedge 9 a player asked: "4. The last time I saw you, you had a legends cape on. Are you a member of the legend's guild? If so, have you been in the area of RuneScape inhabited by humans, because most elves never speak about leaving the elven lands." Ilfeen responded: "4. I know nothing of your human guilds. It is merely coincidence."