|Release||7 February 2005 (Update)|
|Options||Talk to, Examine|
|Examine||A female elf.|
Ilfeen Ithell is an elf who roams the northern area of the forest of Isafdar. She is a member of the Ithell Clan. She can be found in either the clearing south-east of the Elf Camp or the clearing east of the catapult clearing. Ilfeen teleports between the two locations about every 4 minutes, saying "I have things to do" just before she leaves. During the Prisoner of Glouphrie quest, Ilfeen moves to Lletya permanently.
Crystal enchantment[edit | edit source]
Ilfeen has a deep understanding of crystals. If you have a crystal weapon seed, crystal armour seed, crystal tool seed, or a crystal teleport seed, and have started the Mourning's End Part I quest, Ilfeen can enchant it back to a weapon, shield, tool, or teleport for a price. The price drops by 200,000 coins, 1,500 coins, or 150 coins, respectively, each time you have a seed enchanted; down to a minimum price:
|Enchantment||Cost for crystal weapons and shields||Cost for crystal tools||Cost for teleport seeds|
|Fifth and thereafter||200,000||1,500||400|
Once llfeen enchants a crystal seed into an item at least once, she is then able to re-enchant partially degraded crystal equipment, at a fraction of the cost. For example, a Crystal weapon with 90% charges can be recharged back to full condition for 20,000 coins if the minimum recharge cost has already been reached. Crystal tools cannot be partially recharged; they have to be reverted to seed first. A recharge in this manner will not count towards reducing the cost for future re-enchantments.
New bows and wards may also be purchased from Islwyn for 1,000,000 coins without having a seed.
Quest involvement[edit | edit source]
Ilfeen also says she is learning how to make crystal halberds but hasn't quite got the melody right yet. If The Path of Glouphrie is completed, you can talk to her and learn more about Oaknock and the crystal saw.
She also features in the Missing, Presumed Death quest.
Products[edit | edit source]
|1 × Crystal bow|
|1 × Crystal chakram|
|1 × Crystal chime (Prifddinas)|
|1 × Crystal chisel|
|1 × Crystal dagger|
|1 × Crystal deflector|
|1 × Crystal fishing rod|
|1 × Crystal halberd|
|1 × Crystal hammer|
|1 × Crystal knife|
|1 × Crystal orb|
|1 × Crystal saw (Prifddinas)|
|1 × Crystal shield|
|1 × Crystal staff|
|1 × Crystal teleport seed (8)|
|1 × Crystal tinderbox|
|1 × Crystal wand|
|1 × Crystal ward|
|1 × Off-hand crystal chakram|
|1 × Off-hand crystal dagger|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Chatheads[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Removed the Enchant option from Eluned and other crystal singers, which was giving a much higher coin cost than using the crystal items or seeds on the NPC. Using a crystal item on the relevant NPCs will open the options as usual.
- Using noted uncharged crystal teleport seeds on a crystal singer now works as intended.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- This npc will now recognise that you have enough money to recharge your Crystal bow when you have more than enough coins.
- patch 14 September 2011 (Update):
- Ilfeen's chat now states why she won't recharge a player's crystal shield / bow.
- patch 4 April 2011 (Update):
- This npc will no longer leave sound effects behind when she teleports away.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- Islwyn, Eluned and Ilfeen now use teleportation animations for transporting between different locations.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ilfeen formerly appeared to be wearing a cape of legends, however in Postbag from the Hedge 9 a player asked: "4. The last time I saw you, you had a legends cape on. Are you a member of the legend's guild? If so, have you been in the area of RuneScape inhabited by humans, because most elves never speak about leaving the elven lands." Ilfeen responded: "4. I know nothing of your human guilds. It is merely coincidence."
- Ilfeen is derived from the Welsh name 'Elfyn', appropriately meaning 'friend of the elves'.
|Part 5 of the Elf (Prifddinas) quest series|
|Part 6 of the Gnome quest series|
|Part 3 of the Sliske's Game quest series|