| South-east of the southern bridge over the River Elid in the desert far south of Al Kharid. Talk to the Wanderer.|
| Members only|
|Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
- Weight Reducing Equipment to preserve run energy
- A few thousand coins (to pay for the magic carpets and supplies)
- At least 3 more full waterskins
- An antipoison potion or two, super antipoison potion or antipoison(++);
- Food in case of trap damage, being attacked and failing to jump the pit
- Pollnivneach teleports
- Pharaoh's sceptre (3) is a fast teleport to the correct area (Jalsavrah), requires level 21 in Thieving
- Poison Purge aura would help.
- Ring of Charos (a) Will greatly reduce the price of Carpet travel
- After returning the canopic jar and talking to the priest, you can enter the city through the front gate, so you can use the magic carpet transport system.
- It is possible to get out of the city without purposely dying, finishing the quest, or using a teleport. There is a small crack in the north-eastern corner of the wall near the locust. You can re-enter the city from a rock north-east of where the quest started, directly north-east of the tent where the wanderer is.
- 3-4 waterskins are recommended. Remember, one will be taken from you by the wanderer right at the start. You will not need water within the city, and there are places to fill your water.
- Note that wearing a lot of weight will make you die faster in the desert. Take this into account- bring more waterskins if you are bringing a lot of armour and weapons with you.
- Note that jumping the pit is risky. You will not always make it, even if you have 100 run energy and nothing equipped.
- The level 56 Possessed Priest and one of Apmeken, Het, Crondis or Scabaras are not hard to defeat with the help of prayer.
- Bring a Bucket of Sap to minimise running/teleporting back and forth.
- Talk to the Wanderer while your cat is following you (the Wanderer is located a short distance north of Sophanem, east of the river but west of the Agility Pyramid).
- Talk to her again.
- Touch the northern door on the southern pyramid (picture of a cat).
Demonstrating the path to avoid the pitfalls.
- The path after the initial crushers is littered with pitfalls (follow the path shown in the image to the right).
- Walk to the first panel on the northern wall after the wall crushers.
- Move south-east and then move three steps forward.
- Move north-east and then move two steps forward.
- Move one step south-east and continue on.
- Avoid traps and aggressive monsters until you reach a pit.
- Jump across the pit (requires at least 20% run energy and low weight).
- Enter west door and solve puzzle (reroll your puzzle until it looks like solution below).
First get a puzzle like this.
Then click on the place where the red highlight is.
You get a picture like this. Click again on the red highlight.
You get a picture like this. Click again on the red highlight to complete the puzzle.
Items needed: Combat equipment
- Talk to the Sphinx with your cat/kitten out.
- Talk to the High Priest, located inside the temple in the south part of the city.
- Examine the canopic jar in your inventory. (Take note)
- Go back and enter the Pyramid by right-clicking the door and click open.
- Go through the pyramid again, jump over the pit and enter the west door.
- Examine the jars on the ground and take the one that has the same examine as the one in your inventory previously.
- Kill the NPC that spawns. One may safe spot it by using the Table in the room.
- Take the jar again.
- Exit the room and jump over the pit.
- Jump back over the pit and enter the west room.
- Complete the puzzle as before.
- Drop the jar where you found it.
- Exit the pyramid. (Trigger a trap for quick exit - you will take damage)
Preparing for the Ceremony[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Willow log, Bucket of Sap, Salt (or an empty bucket)
- Talk to the High Priest.
- Talk to the Embalmer, north-west of the temple and just to the south-west of the southern pyramid. The Embalmer is marked by the Spice Shop icon on your map.
- Talk to the Carpenter, east of the pyramid through the open door. The Carpenter is marked by the Pottery Wheel icon on your map.
- Talk to the Carpenter again with a willow log.
- Talk to Raetul, north of the Carpenter outside under the tent, just to the east of the Sphinx to obtain linen.
- If you don't have salt at this point:
- Bring an Empty bucket just north-west of Sophanem to a small open lake (from the river).
- Use the Empty bucket on the lake's shore Water to get a Full bucket of salty water.
- Go back to the centre of Sophanem and use the Full bucket on the sun trap's Centre piece among the 7 mirrors to evaporate it.
- Search the Centre piece and scrape out the salt residue to get a Pile of salt.
- Talk to the Embalmer. Bring Salt, Bucket of Sap, Linen.
- Talk to the Carpenter for a Holy symbol.
- Enter the pyramid once again and jump over the pit.
- Go to the east room and open the door.
- Use the unholy symbol on any sarcophagus. (Looting all sarcophagi is optional at this point)
- Exit the room.
- Jump over the pit again and enter the east room.
- Talk to the High Priest.
- Kill the Possessed Priest.
- Talk to the High Priest.
- Exit Pyramid.
- Talk to the High Priest once more in the temple.
- Quest complete!
- Additional rewards/activities
If you wear the Amulet of Catspeak and talk to your cat, you can watch a final cutscene where you are first hypnotised by the wanderer and given an unholy symbol. Your cat will then explain to you what the wanderer's plans were all about.
- Music unlocked
Icthlarin's Little Helper is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests: