Ice arrows are found in the Temple of Ikov. Level 40 Ranged is needed to use them. They can be fired from any bow that requires ammunition, except ogre bows and comp ogre bows.
Players have to use them to defeat the Fire Warrior of Lesarkus fought during the Temple of Ikov quest, who cannot be defeated by any other means. Ice arrows can also be used to defeat Fareed from the Desert Treasure quest, as well as Flambeed from Defeating the Culinaromancer, the final sub-quest in Recipe for Disaster. These arrows can respond to Ava's devices. They are the same strength as Adamant arrows, both having a ranged damage bonus of 384.
They can only be obtained by opening chests in the Temple of Ikov. The chests randomise each time you find an arrow, so it is possible for the chest to hold them twice and three times in a row. Switching worlds will reset the chests.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- The examine text for ice arrow now reads "An ice arrow".
- patch 28 November 2012 (Update):
- Lesarkus is now weak to ice arrows once again.
- Prior to an update on 6 July 2020, the examine text for ice arrows used to be: 'Can only be fired from yew, magic, elder or dark bows.'. Despite this, they could be fired from most types of bows that require ammunition.