The Ice Queen is an ice sprite and the exiled elder sister of the Queen of Snow. She can be found in the Ice Queen's lair under White Wolf Mountain, which requires 50 Mining to enter. She is fairly strong for a level 77 monster, however her only method of attack is punching. However, the ice warriors nearby will become aggressive towards players if they attack the Queen, regardless of combat level. Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee will reduce the damage from the Ice Queen and her minions. The Queen has no explicit weakness, but ranged is advisable over melee and magic as her ranged defence is lowest.
Her drop, the ice gloves, are an item used in several quests, notably Heroes' Quest, Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze, and Desert Treasure.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 29 May 2013 (Update):
- The Ice Queen once again has her icy blue skin tone.
- patch 19 May 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds for the Ice Queen when defending herself.
- Despite being a quest boss that players could vote for in the Guaranteed Content Poll: Boss Rematch? - Part III, and referred to as a non-repeatable boss, she could be killed multiple times.
- She previously had the examine text of "A cold hearted lady."
- Before additions to Heroes' Quest on 27 March 2017, not much was known about the origins of Ice Queen.
- If you stand in the spot exactly 2 squares north of the small obelisk, neither the Ice Queen nor her ice warriors would be able to reach you. Instead, they would retreat.