||19 May 2014 (Update)
||300 seconds (500 ticks)
|Summon a healing crystal.
- Heal anyone near the crystal for 1%-7% of their maximum Life Points every 3.6s.
- Healing percentage is based on proximity to the crystal.
- The crystal has a capacity of 300% of your maximum Life Points.
- 22.2s duration, or until the crystal capacity is drained.
|Infobox • Talk page
Ice Asylum is a Constitution ability that creates an area in which any player who is present will be healed. It shares its cooldown with the abilities Rejuvenate and Guthix's Blessing, and the special effect of the enhanced Excalibur. Ice Asylum, along with Blood Tendrils, Shadow Tendrils, and Smoke Tendrils, is learned by reading the Codex Ultimatus, which is obtained by talking to the archaeological expert after completing The Dig Site quest.
The percentage life points healed is dependent on your distance from the crystal. Here, distance is defined as a square surrounding the crystal. For example, the square tile the crystal is on is a distance of 0; the square of 8 tiles adjacent to it are a distance of 1; the square of tiles adjacent and beyond each of those are a distance of 2, etc. Ice Asylum's healing takes place over 20 seconds as opposed to 10 and does not end even if the user is restored to full health, making it more useful in situations where the other healing abilities would bring a player to full health and end prematurely.
When used in solo combat situations, this ability will heal up to 42% of the user's health compared to the 40% healed by Rejuvenate and Guthix's Blessing. This makes Ice Asylum the best heal of the three as long as the player is able to stand next to the crystal for the full duration. Ice Asylum can heal up to a total health equal to 300% of the player's maximum health.
Ironmen and Hardcore ironmen accounts do not receive the healing benefit from the crystal if it was generated by another player, regardless of their proximity.
|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 August 2014 (Update):
- The Ice Asylum crystal no longer vanishes as doors are opened in Daemonheim.
- Ice Asylum is currently the highest levelled ability, surpassing Frenzy.
- The healing effect works through barriers, even if there is no physical path from the crystal to those being healed.