Iaia is the homeworld of the Ilujanka. Consisting mostly of marshlands, the planet has three moons and a star. The first moon is the silver moon, Silun. The second is the red moon, Akash. Third is the purple moon, Ilu which the ilujanka are named after. The star is not visible as the world is surrounded by a cloud of dust. Each moon has a different meaning to the ilujanka and each one lights up the world in it's colour. The inhabitants of the world, cold-blooded creatures, lived peacefully with one another, lacking predators, threats or deceit, causing them to have a symbiotic relationship. The Ilujanka, for example, would help the gurhs find food and raise their eggs, and in exchange the gurhs acted as mounts.
At an unknown point in time before Zaros' arrival, the planet's anima somehow changed, turning it from pure to pristine. While this did not affect non-sapient life, the Ilujanka began suffering from its effects, with very few being born throughout the passage of time, leaving them in a dire situation.
One day, the god Zaros appeared, and offered to help the ilujanka with their infertility problems. Some of them travelled with him to Gielinor, leaving some of the kin and the gurhs behind. The infertility continued to plague the remaining ilujanka until they accepted that their time had passed.
Currently, travel to the world is limited to those who can create their own portals between dimensions and their entourages. Only Zaros and the white dragon Therragorn have been known to achieved this, both of them taking a small selection of ilujanka with them. Attempts to use fairy rings failed as the network is not established on Iaia and attempts to teleport were unlikely to succeed or have unintended consequences.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Iaia was originally known by the placeholder name Lacertium until the name Iaia was decided upon.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Sharrigan, "One of a Kind", RuneScape. "Where once we were the mind of Iaia - our homeworld - now we become its soul."
- ^ a b Last riders, written by Hannibus, RuneScape. "One night, when all three moons were clear in the sky, a shadowy figure appeared on the outskirts of our settlement."
- ^ a b Last riders, written by Hannibus, RuneScape. "There were no enemies, threats or lies, and we were at peace with all creatures, including the great gurhs - huge creatures that roamed the marshes."
- ^ Last riders, written by Hannibus, RuneScape. "We helped them to find food and - in turn - they allowed us to ride them, to plough our fields. We looked after their eggs[...]"
- ^ Runefest 2017 Lore talk
- ^ Last riders, written by Hannibus, RuneScape. "He spoke as if several voices were speaking at the same time: 'I have an offer for your people: I can cure your infertility. You must stop playing nanny to these beasts and have children of your own. Come away from this world and receive my gift."
- ^ Sharrigan, "One of a Kind", RuneScape. "The decline persists and our population dwindles. There have been no births in a decade now. The Olun'dai has called us to the next world and we are ready."
- ^ Hannibus, "One of a Kind", RuneScape. "Alas, the fairy ring network was something that I tried back before I was imprisoned, but it did not connect to my homeworld."
- ^ Hannibus, "One of a Kind", RuneScape. "Ah, I'm afraid my people are not masters of sorcery, and I fear that any spell powerful enough to send me home might have... consequences."
- ^ Mod Rowley. "Fate of the Gods - FAQ." 25 March 2014. Recent Game Updates Forums.
|Realms and worlds|