|Release||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Equipped||Activate, Boost, Emote|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by master hunters.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Hunter cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Hunter skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Hunter hood from the Hunting expert located in the Feldip Hills, by players who have achieved level 99. Hunter capes are brown in colour and have a dark brown trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
Talking to Hunting expert gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Hunter cape's perk allows the player to place the next box trap, marasamaw plant or tortle trap instantly.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- The Hunter Skillcape perk has been updated, it is now as follows: When activated, any trap placed directly afterwards will be instantly set-up.
- update 6 August 2018 (Update):
- The Hunter cape's perk was changed from giving a player's Herblore Habitat vine plant the effects of its hunter potion when activated, to increasing the effective range of the player's traps by 2 tiles.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a label issue with the penguin-spotting animation and hunting capes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 168,119 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- According to the Hunting expert, skillcapes are made from Raharni Wildcat fur. Because Raharni Wildcats are nearing extinction, their fur is extremely expensive, explaining the high cost of this and other skillcapes.
- The Hunter skillcape emote was leaked by a Jagex staff member before any player had achieved 99 in the skill.
- Prior to the graphical updates that changed skill icons and skillcapes, the paw print icon featured on the Hunter skillcape and the Hunter skill icon in the skills interface did not match. The cape's icon was a light tan, while the icon in the skills interface was almost black.
- The emote resembles the end of the game "Mouse Trap".
- Before 6 August 2018, the Hunter cape had a different perk, which gave Herblore Habitat vine flowers the effects of a juju hunter potion, and between then and 8 July 2019, the perk allowed traps to have two extra squares in their effective range.