Hunt for Red Raktuber - Quick guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Larry at Ardougne zoo. Show on map|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Larry's holiday[edit | edit source]
Penguin espionage[edit | edit source]
- North-east of Rellekka (north of Fremennik lodestone), travel via the small boat to the Iceberg.
- Talk to Larry and make sure you enter the penguin suit.
- North-west, investigate the avalanche.
- Enter the west room, speak to KGP Interrogator.
- Talk to captured penguin and note down the three dance emotes.
- Search the crate behind you to get a conch shell, puffer, octopus, monkfish, and a ray.
- Take note of which headwear the captured penguin is wearing.
- The fish hat will either be a puffer, octopus, monkfish, or ray fish.
- Talk to Ping & Pong. (north-east from interrogation room)
- Talk to the KGP Agent by the control panel to the north.
- Return to Ping & Pong.
- Return to the KGP Agent by the control panel. Sing him the lullaby.
- Operate the control panel. Head north-east into the war room.
- Talk to any dwarf.
- Speak to the dwarf again.
- Exit war room to get caught.
- Talk to Larry. Talk again.
- Return to the dwarves.
- Talk to them again and give them the supplies to get a toolbox.
- Perform practice run on the engine panel north of the dwarves.
- Wrench -> wirebox.
- Wire cutter -> wirebox.
- Wire -> wirebox.
- Tape -> wirebox.
- Bellows -> pipe.
- Click bellows until pressure gauge is in the red.
- Turn valve wheel until pressure gauge arrow points straight up in the green.
- Pull lever.
- Talk to a dwarf again.
- Return to Larry.
- Northwest, talk to Noodle.
- Re-enter the hideout via the avalanche. Enter first room to the east.
- Navigate to the sorting table without being spotted using the picture to the right (see the full guide for more details).
- Search sorting table to get a telegram. Exit the small room and ensure the door is closed before you move further.
- Navigate back out of the office the way you came, without being spotted. Once back in the main hall, exit using the southern door.
- Return to Larry.
- Exit your penguin suit and talk to Larry.
Disabling the Red Raktuber[edit | edit source]
Items needed: The toolbox, the fish hats, the conch shell, penguin suit
- South-east of Yanille just outside the city walls, talk to Larry.
- Enter the penguin suit and wear the fish hat the captured penguin was wearing.
- Blow the conch shell, then perform the three emotes.
- Talk with a penguin, and they will tell you to report to Captain Marlin.
- Climb up the ladder and walk all the way to the east, opening doors along the way.
- Talk to Captain Marlin.
- Pick either honest or lie.
- In the brig, walk west and search the hatstand to get an Electric eel, Shark tooth, Crab claw, Seaweed, and a Swordfish.
- Open the east door.
- Inspect the engine panel.
- Crab claw -> wirebox.
- Shark tooth -> wirebox.
- Electric eel -> wirebox.
- Seaweed -> wirebox.
- Pufferfish -> pipe.
- Click pufferfish until arrow is in the red.
- Octopus -> valve wheel (repeat until arrow is pointing straight up).
- Swordfish -> lever.
- Pull the lever.
- Talk to Chuck to leave the island.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 3,000 experience
- 2,000 experience
- 1,500 experience
- Access to Penguin Hunting Area
- Penguin Hide and Seek bonus. A polar bear can be spotted once each week. Its location is the same on every world. It hides inside a well and pops up every few seconds. Inspect the well to spy on the polar bear for 1 penguin point.
- Chuck the Polar Bear, located in a cage just south-east of the Penguin enclosure, replaces Larry in the Penguin Hide and Seek activity. At this time, Larry cannot be accessed.
- Puffer, Ray, Octopus, and Monkfish hats.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- Penguin Possible
- The Pengmersible
- Desert Island Bear
- Ice Day for Penguins (Unlocked in the Penguin Hunting Area after the quest)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Hunt for Red Raktuber is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
|Part 2 of the Penguin quest series|