Quick guide for Horror from the Deep
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Larrissa, who is outside the Lighthouse, north of the Barbarian Outpost.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
For fixing the bridge:
For fixing the lighthouse mechanism:
For activating the wall:
|Enemies to defeat|
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Preparations[edit | edit source]
- Go south to the Barbarian Outpost, pick up two planks north of the Agility course, and then enter through the gate.
- Talk to Gunnjorn. (Make sure to have 1 free inventory slot)
- Far east of Larissa, go to a broken bridge, just past the crystal tree.
- Fix the bridge from both sides (requires crossing it).
- Talk to Larrissa.
- Search the northern bookcase on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the lighthouse .
- Read the manual and ancient diary.
- Go to the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] and use molten glass, swamp tar, then a tinderbox on the lighting mechanism.
- Return to Larrissa (now inside the lighthouse, ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]).
The battle[edit | edit source]
- Go to the lighthouse basement.
- To open the strange wall, use a fire rune, air rune, water rune, earth rune, a sword, and an arrow on it.
- Open the eastern strange wall.
- Go down the ladder and talk to Jossik, kill the Dagannoth, talk to him again and then kill the Dagannoth mother when it appears.
- Strategies can be found here.
- The following table shows her weaknesses in different forms:
|White||Air spells (Air Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Blue||Water spells (Water Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Brown||Earth spells (Earth Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Red||Fire spells (Fire Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave, and Surge)|
|Orange||Melee attacks (at least rune weapons are recommended)|
|Green||Ranged attacks or special attacks (at least adamant or rune crossbow recommended)|
The God Books[edit | edit source]
- Go to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the lighthouse.
- Show the rusty casket to Jossik.
- If you had a full inventory when defeating the Dagannoth mother, you will not receive a rusty casket. Instead, you must talk to Jossik, who will have picked it up for you.
- You may now choose a book affiliated with three gods: Saradomin's Book of Wisdom, Guthix's Book of Balance or Zamorak's Book of Chaos.
- Be sure to choose the same book twice in a row when he asks if you are sure about your selection.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 4,662 experience
- 4,662 experience
- 4,662 experience
- A damaged god book of your choice
- Dagannoth Mother is unlocked in Dominion Tower
- Access to the lighthouse general store and the dagannoth caves underneath (There are level 77 and 78 dagannoths. The level 77's use an inaccurate ranged attack, while the level 78's use a much more effective melee attack)
- The ability to request Dagannoths as a slayer task if the Mask of the Dagannoth is owned
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Horror from the Deep is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
|Part 2 of the Fremennik quest series|