Home Teleport is a Magic spell available to all players. It will teleport the player to any lodestone that they have activated. When the spell is selected, players are prompted to choose their destination. When right-clicking the home teleport spell it gives an option to teleport to the last lodestone that was used.
Currently, casting Home Teleport while one is poisoned or under the effects of any type of antipoison will cause the buff/debuff to be applied infinitely, though after some time the poison debuff will cease to do damage.
Home teleport has no level requirements in order to be used, allowing players who are low levelled or have had their stats drained access to it. In order to access all the locations on the lodestone network, some additional requirements must be met in order to initially unlock the destination.
It take exactly 17 seconds to teleport and arrive to the selected destination (some overrides are 0.1 second faster). Players can purchase quick-teleport charges using vis wax to teleport instantly. Teleporting can be interrupted by combat. It also cannot be used while in the combat stance. Like most teleport spells, the spell cannot be cast beyond level 20 Wilderness. The spell can be cast repeatedly, without any cooldown period between casts.
Specific locations may be added directly to the action bar by dragging the desired lodestone icon from the lodestone network interface on to the action bar. The spell may be then be activated from there. The interface may also be accessed via a normal keybind. By default "T" brings up the selection interface and "ctrl-T" to go directly to the last lodestone used.
Home teleport allows travel to a number of locations. Once a player has unlocked them, the home teleport spell can be used to travel to that location. Lodestones are located in the following areas:
Many different home teleport animation overrides may be found in Solomon's General Store.
The old home teleport animation
Home teleport was originally introduced on 27 September 2006 in the Skill Tutors update. The spell was added to all available spellbooks. A player could cast the spell to return to Lumbridge (normal spellbook), Burthorpe (normal spellbook), Edgeville (Ancient Magicks), or Lunar Isle (Lunar spells). When first introduced, the spell required a 30 minute cooldown between teleports. This was removed in a hidden update on 28 March 2011.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Several home teleport animations are no longer interrupted by poison.
- Previous Home Teleport keybinds no longer activate while in text-entry mode, such as when using chat.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- The Home Teleport spell is now interrupted by alchemy spells.
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- The sound for the Home Teleport spell correctly stops if you interrupt its casting.
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- A render issue has been fixed with the home teleport spell.
- Since the graphical update on the home teleport, the mechanics of the teleport seems to have changed. Before the update, the player seemed to sink into the ground and fade at the same time, whereas now the player flies into the air as white pulse and flies back down at the lodestone.
- The Home Teleport animation can be interrupted by the drinking of a waterskin. However, you will still teleport. Your character will briefly be standing on the Home Teleport pedestal before disappearing and performing the animation. This also happens if hit by poison.
- If you eat food while using home teleport, you'll appear as if normally standing. The spell, however, will continue. The same applies if you try to change your Wilderness Combat mode while you're doing the teleport.
- Previously, if you try to teleport with a normal teleport spell while you are using a home teleport, there will be a message saying: You can't do that while invisible. This has been fixed and you will perform the other teleport spell normally.
- The "Previous Destination" will only be set if you actually teleported to the location. If the spell was interrupted, it will not be saved.
- During the Tuska Comes world event, the Tuska Storm override would always be used when teleporting to Tuska, regardless of whether it had been unlocked.