|Release||20 August 2003 (Update)|
|Quest item||Legends' Quest|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A vial of holy water, good against certain demons.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Holy water has the base damage and accuracy of a level 50 weapon. It has a passive effect that vastly increases its hit chance against demons, similarly to the Silverlight and Darklight. It also has a damage bonus although it only works on lesser, greater and black demons. When used, smashed glass is left behind.
Holy water is exceptionally useful when fighting tormented demons as it lowers their fire shield just as Darklight would. Traditionally, Darklight would be used on the shield instead, but their melee prayer would have to be dealt with first. Because the demons do not initially protect against Ranged, one can simply throw a vial of holy water and immediately proceed to fight as normal. Holy water is also useful in that one can swap between magic and range without entering melee distance or leaving one's safespot.
Holy water is an excellent weapon to use against Demon Flash Mob. Its accuracy boost on demons over conventional weapons makes defeating the bosses much easier. The minions seem to be extremely weak to holy water; one can regularly reach the maximum damage cap without the effect of Death's Swiftness.
Holy Water is one of the materials required in the creation of the Blessed flask.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Effects[edit | edit source]
Holy water will provide increased accuracy against the following creatures:
Holy water will provide increased damage against the following creatures:
Making holy water[edit | edit source]
The making of holy water is learned during the Legends' Quest. It cannot be made by players who have not made sufficient progress into the quest.
- Prepare the required number of enchanted vials by using a Binding book on an empty vial. Enchanted vials do not stack in inventory.
- Bring enchanted vials. Go to the water pool. (Access choices below) Use a machete (tool belt works) to cut a reed by the water pool in the Kharazi jungle.
- Use the reed on the water pool to fill the enchanted vials.
Suggested process: Start at TzHaar Fight Cave. Bring one blessed gold bowl, hollow reed (or an empty space if the reed needs to be cut), and 26 enchanted vials. Wear TokKul-Zo (Charged) and use fairy ring from TzHaar to Kharazi jungle CJS After filling all vials, empty the bowl and fill it again. Return with TokKul-Zo to Fight Cave. Fill another 15 enchanted vial from bank with the Golden bowl.
Alternately, make multiple blessed golden bowls which can be filled at the pool and used to fill 15 vials each back at a bank to save trips. Also, a follower carry normal vials to be enchanted at the pool with a Binding book, since filled vials stack.
The most effective way to make holy water is to use the fairy ring CJS, run south west to the teak trees where the pool is located and fill blessed bowls up.
A player can have as many blessed bowls as they can make or carry. These also can be traded to a yak.
For example, bowl run trip with 15 bowls. About 2 minutes, each bowl does 15 holy water. Teleport to fight caves and bless and fill at bank.
A average 10 minutes trip can make 225 holy water, equaling to roughly 1200 a hour.
Access[edit | edit source]
To reach the water pool for making holy water:
- Fairy ring CJS to the Kharazi Jungle (requires the ring to be repaired with 5 bittercap mushrooms).
- A juju teleport spiritbag, which brings the players to Herblore Habitat.
- The Karamja gloves 3 teleport to the Shilo Village gem mine.
- Fairy ring CKR to south of Tai Bwo Wannai.
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Throwing knives|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 16 May 2016 (Update):
- Hollow reeds are no longer destroyed when used to siphon from the pure water pool.
- Adding pure water to enchanted vials to create Holy water now uses the Make-X system.
- Holy water now carries the stats and equip requirements of a level 50 dart, but with a reduced damage and accuracy modifier versus demons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the In Memory of the Myreque miniquest, the player suggests that Vampyres dislike holy water as was shown during The Branches of Darkmeyer. However, vampyres do not have any vulnerabilities to this weapon.
Main hand thrown weapons