|Release||20 August 2003 (Update)|
|Quest item||Legends' Quest|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A vial of holy water, good against certain demons.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Holy water is a thrown weapon with the base damage and accuracy of a level 50 weapon. It has a passive effect that vastly increases its hit chance against demons, similarly to Silverlight and Darklight. It also has a damage bonus, although it only works on lesser, greater and black demons. When used, smashed glass is left behind.
Holy water is exceptionally useful when fighting tormented demons, as it lowers their fire shield just as Darklight would. Traditionally, Darklight would be used on the shield instead, but their melee prayer would have to be dealt with first. Because the demons do not initially protect against Ranged, one can simply throw a vial of holy water and immediately proceed to fight as normal. Holy water is also useful in that one can swap between magic and range without entering melee distance or leaving one's safespot.
Holy water is an excellent weapon to use against Demon Flash Mob. Its accuracy boost on demons over conventional weapons makes defeating the bosses much easier. The minions seem to be extremely weak to holy water; one can regularly reach the maximum damage cap without the effect of Death's Swiftness.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Enchanted vial||1||2||[r 1]2|
Effects[edit | edit source]
Holy water will provide increased accuracy against the following creatures:
Holy water will provide increased damage against the following creatures:
Getting there[edit | edit source]
To reach the water pool for making holy water:
- Fairy ring CJS to the Kharazi Jungle (requires the ring to be repaired with 5 bittercap mushrooms).
- A juju teleport spiritbag, which brings the players to Herblore Habitat.
- The Karamja gloves 3 teleport to the Shilo Village gem mine.
- Fairy ring CKR to south of Tai Bwo Wannai.
Making holy water[edit | edit source]
The process of making holy water is learned during the Legends' Quest. It cannot be made by players who have not made sufficient progress into the quest.
- Prepare the required number of enchanted vials by using a binding book on an empty vial. Enchanted vials do not stack in inventory.
- Bring enchanted vials to the water pool. (Access choices above) Use a machete (a toolbelted works) to cut a reed by the water pool in the Kharazi jungle.
- Use the reed on the water pool to fill the enchanted vials.
Suggested process[edit | edit source]
Start at TzHaar Fight Cave. Bring one blessed gold bowl, hollow reed (or an empty space if the reed needs to be cut), and 26 enchanted vials. Wear a charged TokKul-Zo and use fairy ring CJS from the TzHaar Fight Cave to the Kharazi jungle. After filling all vials, empty the bowl and fill it again. Return via TokKul-Zo to the Fight Cave. Fill another 15 enchanted vials from the bank with the golden bowl.
Alternately, you can make multiple blessed golden bowls which can be filled at the pool and used to fill 15 vials each back, at a bank, to save trips. Also, a Summoning familiar can carry normal vials to be enchanted at the pool with a binding book, since filled vials stack.
Products[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Throwing knives|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 16 May 2016 (Update):
- Hollow reeds are no longer destroyed when used to siphon from the pure water pool.
- Adding pure water to enchanted vials to create Holy water now uses the Make-X system.
- Holy water now carries the stats and equip requirements of a level 50 dart, but with a reduced damage and accuracy modifier versus demons.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- Using this while wearing an Ardougne cloak no longer causes a spike to appear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the In Memory of the Myreque miniquest, the player suggests that Vampyres dislike holy water as was shown during The Branches of Darkmeyer. However, vampyres do not have any vulnerabilities to this weapon.
Main hand thrown weapons