December[edit | edit source]
- 23 December
- The first RuneScape Newsletter, named RuneScape Courier, has been sent to players who have confirmed their e-mail address.
- 21 December
- 15 December
- All cape holders, when moused over now reveal which capes the player may receive.
- Chickens now lay eggs randomly while not under attack.
- A bank deposit box has been added to the Port Sarim docks near the boat to Entrana.
- Ball of wool received a graphical update
- Father Urhney, ghosts, and some ghost related objects now have a graphic of a Ghost's head in the examine box indicating that you will need an amulet of ghostspeak to talk to them.
- Black sheep, Black wool, and Ball of black wool were put in Lumbridge for the quest Sheep Shearer.
- Some songs have a Honky Tonky version that can be played in various bars.
- 8 December
- The welcome screen (initial page for first-timers) now displays a random tip.
- 5 December
- 3 December
- The Home Page was updated so that the player counter was changed from a number such as 123456 to 123,456.
- The in-game font is changed.
- A new fairy ring is introduced to the Ancient Cavern.
- Typing Alt + 0151 no longer creates the 0-pixel character. It is now replaced with a dash (-). This makes it impossible to type in capital letters by placing this character between characters in words. The different floating style Easter egg with Wave2: is also impossible to be done.
- Donie has been added back to Lumbridge.
- Kuradal, a Slayer Master, now appears randomly in Slayer locations.
November[edit | edit source]
- 11 November
- 9 November
- Idle animations have been slightly updated, and the player can see their animations turned off when in a crowded area.
- Skeletons' attacking animations and sounds are slightly enhanced.
October[edit | edit source]
- 26 October
- 20 October
- 13 October
- 7 October
- 2 October
- There is now a shortcut on the main page of RuneScape to the RSS feed.
September[edit | edit source]
- 23 September
- The gates at Barbarian Village (now known as Gunnarsgrunn) have been reduced to one pair, with the one besides the guards remaining.
- 20 September
- The thinking problem of cooking on stoves has returned. See the part in 17 September 2009.
- 17 September
- The Grand Exchange staff has been halved to reduce duplicate options which appeared when players right clicked.
- Swords, two-handed swords, and scimitars animations and models have been updated. Please notice that rune scimitars and dragon scimitars, as well as rune longswords, dragon longswords, and the attacking animation of the Abyssal whip have once again been updated.
- Animation of rat is updated.
- The ability to view quest starts on the quest list is removed.
- The Doomsayer has moved onto a box.
- The wooden bridge crossing the River Lum in Lumbridge now has a roof.
- The Lumbridge Sage now has a completely blue staff, and stays beside his stall reading a book.
- The doors behind Lumbridge Castle can't be closed anymore.
- The bait and fly fishing animations have been updated.
- Players no longer cook food towards the coal gate, but towards the heat pan when cooking on a stove.
- Clicking the compass makes the camera angle face north and lowers the angle viewing.
- It is now possible to right click private messaged quickchat, and use quickreply.
- The bridge connecting the Barbarian Village (now known as Gunnarsgrunn) to Varrock now has a gate and a roof.
- There is now a gap in the wall north of the Cooking Guild, making it easier to reach the Grand Exchange from Edgeville.
- 9 September
- 2 September
- Tormented wraiths cannot be safe spotted anymore.
- Four Mobilising Armies worlds were added as well as disabling you to play Mobilising Armies on any other world.
- There is a small "flying camera" icon on the bottom-left of the login screen. When toggled on, it rotates around several places.
- The Trouble Brewing Mini-game shop rewards have nearly all their prices reduced to 1/10th the original cost of Pieces of Eight.
- Unknown date
- Rock hammer animation has been updated.
August[edit | edit source]
July[edit | edit source]
- 28 July
- The sound for the whip was changed.
- Bandos icon was changed into Bandos Scrimshaw.
- Master farmers receive a graphical makeover.
- Tools for Games icon was added on the Minimap.
- The first shortcut in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (which requires 81 Agility) was changed to a chasm which has to be jumped over.
- The birds that appear over your head when stunned have received a graphics update.
- A Smithing anvil now shows spark animation when hammering a metal bar on it.
- 21 July
- Killerwatts receive a graphical makeover.
- 15 July
- When you are poisoned, the life points icon will be green with an option to cure, assuming you have something to cure it. When you are diseased, it will turn yellow.
- 8 July
- Unknown date
June[edit | edit source]
- 16 June
- Female characters resting sit with their legs straight out instead of crossed.
- 14 June
- Hit Splats are less transparent, and more visible.
- 11 June
- Players can no longer light fires in the Party Room; they will receive the message, "Lighting a fire in the party room would be a safety hazard!".
- 9 June
- 2 June
- Zookeepers at Ardougne Zoo have received a makeover.
- Unknown date
- The health bar no longer changes shades.
- The climb up/climb down options on the rope bridge short-cut through the Mort Myre Swamp have been replaced with one "Climb" option, and you no longer have to click on every square to move past it, as it is now done by itself.
May[edit | edit source]
- 27 May
- The picture of the flag on the minimap is changed.
- The globe-picture under the minimap is changed.
- A new option was added to the key to the world map to rearrange icons.
- Trollheim is no longer a hotzone on PvP worlds.
- The Lumbridge Guide has received a makeover, and his position has been moved.
- Submarines are peeking out of the water along the coast of various places.
- 19 May
- 6 May
- Unknown date
- The sound is different when the leprechaun magic is banking your logs.
April[edit | edit source]
- 28 April
- 21 April
- 14 April
- 8 April
- The highwaymen have had a graphical update.
- 1 April
- The Rest option on the run button was removed.
- Unknown date
- Maple logs on Miscellania are changed, taking many more to get respect back up.
- The inventory image for the dragon medium helmet has been recoloured to match the colour spectrum of other dragon equipment.
- The non-combat zone barrier now looks different in FFA Clan Wars.
- The Guards around Varrock have new attacking and dying animations.
March[edit | edit source]
- 25 March
- The run button close to the minimap has a new look.
- An option to rest has been added to the run option near the minimap. When using this a message stating "Coming Soon..." appears in the textbox.
- Giant rats received a graphical update.
- 17 March
- 3 March
- The TzHaar-Ket-Om is once again changed to now be held with two hands, versus the standard one while it sits on the player's shoulder. The Dharok's greataxe is now held straight up in the air; before, the greataxe was held on the shoulder.
- The Protection Prayers will randomly make a sound when they block an attack.
- 1 March: The Grand Exchange Beta Page updated images to correctly respond to the newly graphical version in-game. Images include those such as the Dragon platebody.
February[edit | edit source]
- 25 February
- The Burthorpe Games Room now allows random events to occur.
- Shades have been added to the 4th level of the Stronghold of Security.
- Mime emotes are updated to abide to the new graphics engine along with the zombie dance and zombie walk emotes.
- Black demons in the Edgeville dungeon now drop charms.
- All leprechauns received a graphical update.
- 13 February: The keg from the top of Lumbridge castle is replaced by a normal barrel without a tap.
- 10 February
- The Seer's headband is updated with different graphics for each stage.
- The High-Detail Login page now shows an image of the Soul obelisk from the newly released game, Soul Wars.
- At the top of the stairs where the greater demons are in Brimhaven Dungeon, there is a new portal that seems to work like the stairs.
- The Dragon platebody 2D icon has been changed and elbows were added to the platebody.
- Additional NPCs are added to the login screens featuring Al Kharid, East Ardougne, Oo'glog and Varrock.
- Unknown date
- The account creation interface is changed to allow users to input information more easily.
January[edit | edit source]
- 27 January
- Rubber chickens are updated to abide with the new graphics engine.
- Changed different text messages for some treasure clues through RuneScape.
- [Check date] Along with the World Map upgrade (You are here), a new zoom level is introduced (200%). Upon the day of release, this map had a bug that caused icons to stay small when zooming in further, which caused much chaos.
- 26 January [check date]: The Farming skill guide interface is changed to show the protection price of crops when clicked on.
- 20 January: The collection interface of Kingdom Management was changed.
- 16 January: The hidden update from 13 January was reversed, you can now drop members items on free-to-play worlds again.
- 15 January: Now, when talking in private chat, you can right click something you've written to message the other player, while as previously you could only click the friends message.
- 13 January: While playing on a Free-to-play server, the "drop" option for Member's items in a player's inventory has been removed.
- 6 January
- 5 January
- In the Grab the Evil Twin random event the twin OR the innocent civilian will say "You're putting me in prison?!" when you grab her.
- Ectophial teleport changed to look like normal teleports, but a slimy green colour instead of the normal blue teleport colour.
- Ectophial's "drop" option was replaced with a "destroy" option.