|Released||4 January 2022 (Update)|
|See map section below|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Het's Oasis is a skilling area featuring Agility, Farming, and Hunter activities, as well as two miniquests progressing the Elder God Wars narrative. It replaced the Duel Arena, which was destroyed by an earthquake. While free players are able to visit the location, the activities within are only available to members.
Agility[edit | edit source]
The oasis features an Agility course with level 65 Agility requirement, allowing the player to navigate the ruins of the former Duel Arena. The Agility course is cleared of rubble during the Eye of Het I miniquest, but you can clear the rubble prior to the quest. The full course gives 2,045 Agility XP when completed, and takes approximately 1 minute 45 seconds to complete.
Hunter[edit | edit source]
The area features a Hunter activity allowing the player to control a crocodile swimming around the oasis, and catching six types of whirligigs with different level requirements ranging from level 1 to 90 Hunter at intervals of 20 levels. The whirligigs can be customised to match the player's Hunter level by storing flowers in designated spots of the area. The hunted whirligigs will drop six types of shells with a number of uses as shown below. The lower level whirligigs have a higher catch rate and as you go up there is a chance for your crocodile to fail a catch, so it is quickest to catch plain whirligigs for the crocodile upgrades.
|Whirligig||Flower type||Powder type||Level|
The number of flowers in the flower basket determines how many special whirligigs are lured into the water, replacing the plain ones. Eight whirligigs can be found in each pond, while each flower basket lures four of these. The following table shows how many whirligigs will be lured per flower basket based on the number of flowers stored in it.
Prayer powders[edit | edit source]
The effect can stack up to an hour by scattering multiple powders of the same type; scattering powders that would put the timer to over an hour prompt the player with a warning and can only top the timer up to 60 minutes. All active powder effects are lost on death.
|Powder||Effect||Whirligig shell||Cost to make||GE price||Profit from shells|
|Defence||Additional +2 defence level boost when using the Thick Skin, Rock Skin and Steel Skin prayers.||15 x Plain||5,310||1,851||−3,459|
|Protection||Protection prayers' and Deflect curses' effects are increased to 60%. Does not stack with amulet of souls.||15 x Gliding||73,950||168,540||94,590|
|Item protection||An additional item is protected when using the Protect Item prayer (to a maximum of 5 items).||15 x Swift||77,235||200,381||123,146|
|Pulverising||Grinds all bones in one's inventory when using the Ectofuntus.||15 x Hasty||26,730||11,144||−15,586|
|Burials||Grants an extra 250% Prayer experience when burying bones.||15 x Speedy||176,490||183,717||7,227|
|Penance||Restores Prayer points equal to 2.5% of any damage received.||1 x Dazzling||541,052||722,401||181,349|
Dundee's Crocodile Upgrades[edit | edit source]
The Dundee's Crocodile Upgrades reward store can be accessed at Dundee on the north-west corner of Het's Oasis. These upgrades assist the player while hunting for scarabs. Scarabs can be obtained at a rate of approximately 1,000 per hour. Actively clicking scarabs is similar to two-tick methods; as the crocodile goes for a scarab, the player can quickly click on up to three other scarabs to catch them instantly. This method is enhanced when the stack upgrade is unlocked (increases the stack number to five scarabs). It is possible to gain the maximum stacks even if the crocodile fails to catch a whirligig. If a stack is failed it is possible to continue clicking whirligigs to gain more stacks. Stack count will reset either when the crocodile returns to shore with it's catch, or when it fails a catch.
|Increased catch rate||Increases success chance of catching a scarab by 10%.||250|
|Double loot chance||Unlocks a 25% chance for your crocodile to drop double the loot when catching a scarab.||500|
|Flower saving chance||Unlocks a 25% chance to not have a flower removed from your flower basket when catching a scarab.||1,000|
|Increased XP Rate||Increases experience gained from scarabs by 10%.||1,500|
|Automatic looting||Scarabs shells dropped by your crocodile will automatically be moved to your inventory.||2,500|
|Increased scarab stacks||Increases the amount of scarabs that you can stack, up to 5.||3,000|
|Golden crocodile cosmetic upgrade||Unlocks a dazzling new look for your crocodiles.||5,000|
Holy scarab familiar[edit | edit source]
Five scarab shells (one each of a gliding, hasty, plain, speedy, and swift whirligig shell), along with a green charm, 154 spirit shards, and a pouch, can be used to create the Holy scarab familiar. This requires level 80 Summoning.
Farming[edit | edit source]
A Farming activity allows players to actively tend flower bushes and harvest various flowers used to create additional types of honeycombs for the player-owned farm and Anachronia Dinosaur Farm. This activity is initially opened by speaking with Dundee. There are five flower types, with level requirements of 30, 50, 70 and 90 Farming, and four bushes. The bushes can be cultivated to increase their progress towards a harvestable bush.
The bushes can be fertilised while in their bare stage to increase the progress gained from cultivating. Compost, supercompost, ultracompost, the Fertile Soil spell, and the Farming master cape perk will work. The Rapid Growth spell will instantly set the progress to 100%, but may only be cast once per day (twice with the Master farmer outfit equipped).
Without fertilisers the bushes gain 0.3% progress every 0.6 seconds, giving the player minor amount of experience. Compost does not increase the base progress at all, while supercompost and ultracompost both increase it to 0.35% progress every 0.6 seconds. Applying the fertilizers doesn't yield experience. The bushes start in a bare state, reach a budding state at 30% progress, and a blooming state at 75% progress. At 100% progress they can be harvested which rewards flowers and additional experience, reverting the bush to its bare state. The player stops automatically cultivating the bush whenever it changes its state. The experience is upgraded for the tick that causes the state change, meaning that the large experience bonus is given twice: once when the bush changes into a harvestable state, and again when harvesting it.
When cultivating there is a chance for one of two random events to occur:
- Some nutritious gasses appear, notified by the message Clicking the bush to cultivate again results in a message saying Doing this results in a 2.4% increase in the overall progress of the cultivation. The gasses disperse on their own after 30 seconds if the player fails to interact with them during their appearance, yielding no additional progress.
- A pesty scarab spawns, notified by the message The scarab hinders progress gained every 0.6 seconds to 0.15% regardless of the fertiliser used and must be shooed to resume the normal progress. Shooing the scarab adds 2.4% to the progress bar. If not shooed, the scarab leaves on its own 30 seconds after spawning.
Compost and supercompost increase the progress gain from the above events to 2.7%, and ultracompost to 3.25%.
When harvesting any fully cultivated bush, players may receive 1–3 golden roses in addition to the standard produce. During the blooming phase for the rose, iris, and hydrangea bushes, players receive 0.1 Farming reputation for cultivation. For the hollyhock bush, players receive 0.1 Farming reputation during the budding phases and 0.2 Farming reputation during the blooming phase. The amount of flowers obtained appears to be related to the player's Farming level.
Bushes[edit | edit source]
|Bush||Level||Flowers||XP/hour||XP/bush (no compost)|
Honeycombs[edit | edit source]
Honeycombs made from the oasis flowers influence the breeding chance of the animal they are fed to, or the traits its next offspring may gain. The honeycombs that affect the next offspring cannot be combined, eg. after using Nutritious honeycomb on an animal, Fertile, Candied, Moreish or Shimmering honeycombs cannot be used on the same animal.
|Irises||Candied||Joyful trait (causing the animal's happiness to stay at 100% when food runs out)|
|Hydrangeas||Nutritious||Immune trait (causing the animal's health to stay at 100% when food runs out)|
|Golden roses||Shimmering||Shiny animal|
Cactus patch[edit | edit source]
Construction[edit | edit source]
In the north-eastern corner, near the iris bushes, is a pile of junk. The items required to build in this hotspot are five bronze bars, two silver bars, six buckets of sand, and a big fishing net. Once built, it becomes a water filtration system that allows players to claim various "large items" that are caught by the filter. A single item can be claimed immediately upon rebuilding.
In the south-eastern corner near the hydrangea bushes, as well as the north-western corner near the rose bushes, are two piles of flower basket rubble. The items required to build in these hotspots are five teak planks and ten steel nails. Protean planks can be used to build the baskets. These flower baskets are used to bait whirligig types other than the plain whirligig. Four baskets can be built in total.
Statue of Het[edit | edit source]
A large, broken statue of Het is located in the centre of the oasis. Each of the 4 stages of the repair process requires 50 pieces of Het to complete for a total of 200 pieces. Having luck of tier 2 or above increases the chance of acquiring pieces of Het.
Fully repairing the Statue of Het applies the Blessing of Het buff. This buff increases skilling experience gained by 10% while at Het's Oasis. No further pieces will be gained after the statue is fully repaired.
Miniquests[edit | edit source]
Narratively, Het's Oasis is part of the Elder God Wars storyline and follows the events of the four fronts of the Elder God Wars Dungeon in two miniquests. The cathedral in Senntisten, where the gods keep the eggs of the Elder Gods from hatching, has been under siege by the four armies summoned by the Elders for months. Meanwhile Icthlarin has been traversing the universe, looking for allies to help in the struggle, to no success. Upon his return he noticed that the gods have resorted to using necromancy to boost the defence and offered an alternative: an amulet once in the possession of another desert deity, Het, allowing its user to temporarily restore willing souls back to life. He agreed to recover it from Het's shrine, located beneath the former Duel Arena, leading to the establishment of Het's Oasis in its place.
|Eye of Het I||Medium XP lamp||4 January 2022|
|Eye of Het II||Eye of Het I||10 January 2022|
Oasis Restoration[edit | edit source]
From 4 to 18 January 2022, a two-week long limited-time event takes place in the area, focusing on cleaning up the old Duel Arena and transforming it into an oasis. The event features a Community Chest, allowing players to unlock both personal and community rewards through the completion of tasks and participating in the permanent training activities. Rewards include cosmetic overrides, titles, the Chomper crocodile pet, and the Elder God Wars Dungeon drop enhancer, created from Tablet of Het fragments gained while training in the area and tradeable until activated. The enhancer will increase the chance of unique boss drops by 10% and will be removed when the event ends.
Map[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Back In My Day... ( 5) – Throw some money into the oasis.
- Fruit Glorious Fruit ( 5) – Feed Frito her favourite fruit.
- God of the Grind ( 25) – Fully repair the statue of Het.
- Golden Fingers ( 10) – Harvest some golden roses from a flower bush.
- Overpowdered ( 10) – Have all 6 prayer powders active at once.
- Primitive Technology ( 5) – Help out Nen with delivering water to Naida.
- The Crocodile Hunter ( 25) – Unlock all Hunter upgrades from Dundee's Shop.
- This Gnome is on Fire ( 5) – Deliver some extra spicy crunchies to Dundee.
- Tooth Fairy ( 5) – Help find Toothless's tooth.
- Top of the Food Chain ( 5) – Feed a baby troll to Chito.
- Unlicensed Chiropractor ( 5) – Jump across a crocodile's back.
- Vegan Unfriendly ( 10) – Feed all the crocodiles some steak.
Development history[edit | edit source]
On 13 October 2021, a newspost concerning the real-world trading and game integrity was published, announcing that in the early 2022, the Duel Arena would be replaced with new content related to the Elder God Wars storyline. On 17 December, a short video teaser was published on RuneScape's website, featuring a message from Etta Stone to archaeologists regarding the dig at the Duel Arena and the discovery of the papyri possibly dating back to the First Age. On 18 December, another teaser was published, speaking of the Eye, a life-giving jewel from ancient times used to bring chosen back to life and rule. Another teaser, on 19 December, continued the story, revealing that the chosen succumbed to corruption, wasting their gift on cruelty and pleasure, not afraid of death anymore. The final teaser revealed on 20 December, with Tumeken taking the Eye from the chosen and asking Het to bury it in a place of bloodshed as a reminder of the power and need of death, finishing the tale. Each of the videos featured a papyrus themed background, gradually revealing the symbols and depictions of Tumeken and Elidinis, as well as a number of other hieroglyphs. On 21 December, the update was revealed as 'Het's Oasis', with a trailer and a newspost detailing its features and rewards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cutscene[edit | edit source]
Environments[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Developer||Mod Luma, Mod Raven, Mod Shrike|
|Art & Graphics|
|Characters||Mod Soffan, Mod JT, Mod Dragon|
|Environments||Mod Blkwitch, Mod Alex, Mod Read|
|Concept||Mod BakingaZ, Mod Fox|
|Quality assurance||Mod Forza, Mod Planty|
|Audio||Mod Grace, Mod Kas, Mod Arismel, Mod Rainbow|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 January 2023 (Update):
- Chito and Frito have returned to Het's Oasis in their usual spots.
- Sign of the Porter no longer banks flowers from Het's Oasis bushes.
- patch 11 April 2022 (Update):
- patch 7 February 2022 (Update):
- Players in Het's Oasis are now informed via the chatbox when a new crocodile path appears.
- patch 31 January 2022 (Update):
- Rewards from the Oasis Restoration community event can now be unlocked as rare drops by skilling around Het's Oasis.
- The Duel Arena destruction cutscene will now automatically play when talking to Icthlarin by the entrance, instead of when entering the area.
- The community chest and task board have now been removed from Het's Oasis.
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- All tablets of Het have now crumbled to dust.
- The Volcanic Trapper outfit's double loot perk will now work with Scarab catching.
- Hunter Trapper outfits now offer a teleport to Het's Oasis scarab pools.
- The Collector's Insignia now works with Het's Oasis Agility Course
- Broken animations in Armadyl's chat have been fixed
- The "Say It, Don't Spray It" achievement requirements have been updated, to correctly work with a fully upgraded Cramulet
- Dundee's Crocodile Upgrades now offers automatic looting for 2,500 scarabs caught.
- If you already have The Crocodile Hunter achievement unlocked, this upgrade will be unlocked automatically.
- Toothless's pointy tooth can no longer be obtained from the water filtration system once the Tooth Fairy achievement is completed.
- Kill count, death count, and streak from the Duel Arena now carry over to the Duel Anywhere Duellist's Hat.
- Grand seed pods can now be squashed in Het's Oasis.
- Crocodiles will now occasionally resurface to form a shortcut, as part of the Het's Oasis Agility course.
- The Farming master cape will now automatically supercompost flower bushes in Het's Oasis.
- The Fertile Soil spell can now be used to supercompost flower bushes in Het's Oasis.
- Rapid Growth and Supreme growth potion (leafy) will now work with flower bushes in Het's Oasis.
24 January 2022 (
- The members only scenery in Het's Oasis can no longer be attempted to be interacted with on the free-to-play worlds. Previously free players could select the scenery options, resulting in no interaction or feedback.
- patch 17 January 2022 (Update):
- Scarabs within Het's Oasis will now respawn at a faster rate during scarab catching.
- The scarab stack buff hover text will now correctly state the maximum as five scarabs, if you have the scarab stack increase upgrade unlocked.
- Strange and Golden Rocks will no longer always be given when constructing flower baskets and the water filtration system.
- Buckets will now be destroyed when using compost on flower bushes, if 'Destroy empty buckets when farming' is checked on in Settings.
- Following feedback, dwarf multicannons can no longer be placed within Het's Oasis.
- patch 10 January 2022 (Update):
- A Tool Leprechaun has been added next to the new Cactus Patch in Het's Oasis.
10 January 2022 (
- More vegetation at the oasis.
- The lighting in the area changed.
- Debris removed.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Luma. Introducing Het's Oasis. Reddit. 21 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2022.) Mod Luma: "The powder will not stack with the amulet of souls."
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 17 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2022.) RuneScape: "🤔"
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 18 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2022.) RuneScape: "🤨"
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 19 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2022.) RuneScape: "😲"
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 20 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2022.) RuneScape: "🧐"
- ^ RuneScape. RuneScape - Het's Oasis Official Trailer (Duel Arena Removal). YouTube. 21 December 2021.*
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|