|Release date||2 May 2006 (Update)|
|Also known as||Hermie|
|Quest NPC||Swan Song|
|Location(s)||Piscatoris Fishing Colony|
|Examine||Founder and Director of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Herman Caranos is the founder and director of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. He built the colony on a prime site for monkfish. However, this also attracted the attention of sea trolls, who feed on monkfish, and caused them to attack. In order to save the colony, he sought the aid of the Wise Old Man. During the quest Swan Song, the Wise Old Man and an adventurer repel the sea trolls and Herman lets them fish for monkfish as a reward.
Herman originally hailed from East Ardougne, along with his brother Franklin. While Herman is keen on fishing and runs the colony, Franklin is more adept at smithing and machinery, helping maintain the colony's walls. Herman values the residents of his colony, sending most of them away for their own safety during the monster attacks.
He considers himself to be a meticulous researcher, using whatever texts he has at hand to inform himself before making choices. However, his sources are sometimes questionable, such as embellished stories about adventurers. He considers the Wise Old Man to be a great hero, dismissing the Wise Old Man's criminal activities as a minor blemish and seeking the elderly man's help even when players offer their services instead. He is working on a book chronicling the Wise Old Man's life, which players can find in the desk drawer of Herman's office.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "I chose this site for my Fishing Colony because records show this part of the sea to be a prime site for catching monkfish."
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "These are a sort of sea-dwelling troll. They feed on the monkfish that live in this part of the sea, but just recently they've started invading my Colony!"
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "I sent most of the colonists away for their own safety when the trolls started attacking the Colony."
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "Yes, I've done my research very carefully. I've always made important decisions based on careful analysis of whatever documents are available to me on the topic."
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "In all the legends I've read, brave adventurers have no trouble vanquishing whatever monsters are menacing the helpless settlement."
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "Now, in far-away Misthalin there lives one of the greatest adventurers of all time.[...]His name is lost in the mists of time, but you shouldn't have much trouble finding the Wise Old Man of Draynor Village."
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "Ah well, we must forgive him his little foibles."
- ^ Herman Caranos, "Swan Song", RuneScape. "Well, as qualified as you undoubtable are, I believe we're going to need a truly expert adventurer if the Colony is to stand a chance."
|Part 1 of the Wise Old Man quest series|