The herculean gold ring is an item that could be bought during the Gielinor Games. It was released before the event but not made available for purchase until the release of the games on 24 July 2012. It could be bought from Oomad Arrow's Gielinor Games Reward Shop for 2,500 contribution points and gave a 10% experience boost in the Gielinor Games when worn for up to 100,000 extra experience before it needed to be recharged. The recharge cost for the ring was 2,500 contribution points, obtainable from Oomad Arrow's Gielinor Games Reward Shop.
This ring boosted contribution points by 10% when worn. This did not use up any charges.
The herculean gold ring remained in players' banks after the Games were removed from the game. Thus the ring became nearly useless, as it provides no status boosts or any other use.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- Updated the 'Destroy' message for pieces of the Athlete's Outfit.
- To gain all the 100,000 experience from the ring, the player would have to gain 1,000,000 experience solely from the games.
- There was a glitch during the games where rings purchased from the Gielinor Games Reward Shop would cause players to disconnect if they tried to destroy them. This glitch was fixed after the first few days of release.
- A patch on 23 October 2017 made this ring reclaimable from Diango. Before that, attempting to destroy the ring would give the message: "You can reclaim this ring from Oomad Arrow, for a fee.". However, Oomad Arrow does not exist in the game after the Gielinor Games.