Herblore master cape
|Herblore master cape|
|Release||28 April 2014 (Update)|
|High alch||72,000 coins|
|Low alch||48,000 coins|
|The cape worn by the true masters of Herblore.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Herblore master cape is the cape awarded for achieving True skill mastery by reaching level 120 (equivalent to 104,273,167 experience) Herblore. Its appearance is different from regular skillcapes, and has a separate, unique emote from their level 99 skillcape counterpart. The cape is sold by Kaqemeex for 120,000 coins.
Master capes were voted on in a Power to the Players, where the option to add them won with 63%. The master cape had a unique emote added when Herblore was raised to level 120 on 25 November 2019 (update).
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||33.9||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Herblore master cape inherits the perk of the base cape, so it instantly cleans all grimy herbs in your inventory. No experience will be gained for doing this. The Herblore master cape gains a new perk that enables the creation of overload, supreme overload, and elder overload potions in batches of 5, using 20% fewer ingredients.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Details[edit | edit source]
The perk allows access to a new recipe in the make-x interface, which makes 5 overloads/supreme overloads/elder overloads at the cost of 4 of each ingredient (granting 4 times the experience and taking 4 times as long).
Existing herblore boosts interact with the new recipes as follows:
- Scroll of cleansing: can activate, and will save all 4 of one potion. Same chance as the normal recipe - so effectively the same saving.
- Modified botanist's mask: can activate, and will generate 1 free potion at the normal 5% chance. As it only generates 1 free potion, it is effectively a 1% increase in the number made.
- Portable well: can activate, and will generate 1 free potion at the normal 5% chance. As it only generates 1 free potion, it is effectively a 1% increase in the number made. This only applies to base overloads, as the well will still not apply to supreme or elder overloads as they are combination potions.
- Botanist's amulet: cannot activate.
- Factory outfit: cannot activate.
Even though some of the boosts are less effective, and some do not work at all, it is still generally cheaper to use the cape than to not. This is especially notable when making elder overloads from tradeable ingredients, as you have 3 compounding places where 4 ingredients becomes 5 potions. Here are some example savings when making the affected potions from tradeable ingredients.
|Potion||No other boosts||With all applicable boosts|
|No cape||With cape||No cape||With cape|
|Supreme overload potion (6)||223,852||157,895||177,151||139,450|
|Elder overload potion (6)||233,773||134,253||177,692||117,921|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 23,009 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).