Hefin Agility Course
The Hefin Agility Course requires level 77 Agility (boosts do not work) and completion of Plague's End quest to access. Found in the inner ring of Prifddinas in the Hefin Clan district, the course traverses the entirety of the Hefin district, going up to the top of the Hefin Cathedral and then back down again.
In contrast to most other Agility courses, actions performed on the Hefin Agility Course can never fail, regardless of Agility level. Experience gained for traversing every obstacle and the full lap bonus are scaled and increase every 5 Agility levels. It is not possible to leave the course by any means other than finishing it (or dying), as teleportation is not allowed.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Completion of Plague's End is required to access all parts of Prifddinas, including the Hefin Agility Course.
- Crystal teleport seed or Attuned crystal teleport seed to the Hefin Clan district. The agility course begins just to the southwest of the teleport location.
- Prifdinnas Lodestone teleport. Run north out of the Tower of Voices, then west past the Serenity posts to the start of the agility course.
The course[edit | edit source]
|1||Leap across walkway|
|5||Slide down zip-line|
|6||Merge with Light Creature|
Values in parentheses refer to Agility experience gained during the Voice of Seren.
|Level||Obstacles (x6)||Lap bonus||Total experience|
|77||44 (52.8)||440 (528)||704 (844.8)|
|82||55 (66)||550 (660)||880 (1,056)|
|87||66 (79.2)||660 (792)||1,056 (1,267.2)|
|92||74 (88.8)||740 (888)||1,184 (1,420.8)|
|97||83 (99.6)||830 (996)||1,328 (1,593.6)|
- ^ Boosting your Agility level does not give more Agility experience per lap.
Velocity system[edit | edit source]
The Hefin Agility Course features a unique Velocity mechanic. Players can freely toggle it on or off in an interface that appears when training on the course. If this feature is enabled, a velocity bar will slowly fill after every obstacle traversed. When the bar is filled, the next obstacle will be traversed automatically, without any input from the player, while still gaining agility experience from the traversed obstacle. This results in the bar getting reset and the cycle starts again. A timer is also displayed on this screen, showing the amount of time a player takes to complete a lap (this resets after each lap).
When the Voice of Seren is active, the Velocity bar will be completely filled in one lap.
Shortcuts[edit | edit source]
At the end of every lap, two shortcuts have a chance of spawning on the course. The chance of them spawning is increased when the Voice of Seren is active, and both shortcuts may be active at the same time. They disappear as soon as another lap is completed, regardless of whether or not they were used during that lap. If the velocity bar is filled, shortcuts will be used.
- Window shortcut - The window after the "Traverse Cliff" section is opened, and may be jumped through to skip the "Scale Cathedral" and "Vault Roof" sections, landing right before the "Slide down Zip line" section. No experience is rewarded for the skipped sections.
- Light creature shortcut - A light creature appears on the roof of the cathedral at the zip line section, and may be used to finish the course. No experience is rewarded for the skipped section, but experience is rewarded for finishing the course.
A chatbox message notifies the player when one appears:
Maximising experience/hour[edit | edit source]
A perfect lap, including the time taken to go from creature to leaping across the walkway, is approximately 42 seconds, or 70 game ticks. In order to maximise experience per hour, a few things need to be taken into account:
- Be sure to use shortcuts whenever possible. The frequency of shortcuts appearing may be increased by drinking a Perfect juju agility potion.
- Utilise the Voice of Seren - If it's on the Hefin district, you will get additional Agility experience, added Prayer experience, and increased velocity gain.
- Looking ahead - While running the course, on most obstacles, you can look ahead and right click the next obstacle ahead of the one you are currently on. The only obstacle you cannot do this with is the vault roof.
- Between the end and beginning of the course, you can right click to move into position for leaping across the walkway. You will run to the spot instead of walk if done correctly.
- Wearing the Nimble outfit or the First age outfit will result in a 6% increase in Agility or Prayer XP gained, respectively. First age amulet, cape, and ring can be worn in combination of a full Nimble outfit.
- Wearing a Collector's Insignia will result in a 5 or 10% increase in Agility experience gained, depending on if the insignia is charged or not. If the Voice of Seren is active in the Hefin district, this bonus will not work.
- Hefin course multipliers increase Agility XP gained by 20%.
When the Voice of Seren is active in the Hefin district, players will receive Prayer experience equal to 25% of the Agility experience they receive. When the voice of Seren is not active, no Prayer experience will be awarded.
|Agility level||Experience per hour||Experience per hour (with perfect juju agility potion)||Experience per hour (with Voice of Seren)||Experience per hour (with Voice of Seren and perfect juju agility potion)|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
After every lap, players have a chance to obtain a reward from a light creature. A list of potential rewards is given below.
After completing 200 laps on the course you will be awarded with a title "of the Hefin". To see your progress towards the title, hover over the word "Time" in the velocity interface. After unlocking the title the count just says 200+.
When completing a lap in over 10 minutes you will be awarded with the title "[Name] the Meandering".
100% drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Voice of the Elders lore page (m)||1||Always[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ A page is received every 20 laps, until all 8 pages have been received by lap 160.
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Spicy stew (m)||1||Common||12||12|
|Mint cake (m)||1||Common||687||150|
|Summer pie (m)||1||Very rare||1,539||84|
|Agility potion (3) (m)||1||Rare||373||90|
|Corrupted ore (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Truthful shadow core (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Blissful shadow core (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Manifest shadow core (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Enlightenment scroll (m)||1||Rare||506||341|
|Small XP lamp (Prayer)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Small XP lamp (Agility) (m)||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hefin course multiplier (m)||1–3||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal acorn (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Prifddinian worker's robes (m)||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Prifddinian worker's trousers (m)||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Prifddinian worker's boots (m)||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Prifddinian worker's gloves (m)||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hefin Ward||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hefin Lotus||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hefin Crane||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hefin Bow||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Amlodd symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cadarn symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crwys symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Hefin symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ithell symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Iorwerth symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Meilyr symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Trahaearn symbol piece (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Diaries of the Clans ( 10) – Find the clan journal pages from the Hefin Agility Course in Prifddinas.
- Tirannwn achievements
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- Player no longer disappears halfway through the Hefin Agility Course rope slide animation.
- The light creature at start of the Hefin agility course now has an option to toggle letterbox mode during the Agility course's cutscenes.
- ninja 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Players can now teleport from the bridge and next to the bank chest on the Hefin agility course.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The talent scout near the Hefin Agility Course now gives the player a full minute to talk to him when invited to The Pit.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
- Updated the Hefin Agility Course so that it can be completed in fixed-screen Legacy mode. The course overlay is now smaller and can be moved, and cutscene mode is no longer used while on the course.
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- The camera is now fixed in cutscene mode until the end of the Hefin Agility Course.
- patch 17 November 2014 (Update):
- The chance to unlock the Prifddinian worker's outfit and the four Hefin emotes from the Hefin Agility Course has been significantly increased.
- A lap counter has been added to the Hefin Agility Course. Mouse over the checkpoint section of the Velocity interface to see your total laps.
- Clan vexillums can no longer be placed on the Hefin Agility Course.
- Spicy stew is now actually spicy, when awarded from the Hefin Agility Course.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A perfect lap without shortcuts (not including the run from Light Creature to start of walkway jump) is 39 seconds on the timer. This is, however, very difficult to achieve; so players should expect a 41 second minimum lap.
- Originally, a full velocity bar would ignore shortcuts if present, proceeding onto the next obstacle. This was later changed.
- It is worth noting that, although you may not leave the agility course or its start area by means of teleportation, It appears to be possible to arrive there via teleport; as when performing emote clues from Treasure Trails, Uri and the Double Agent can both appear in the agility course start area by the hidey-hole.
Agility courses and activities