Head of the Family
|Head of the Family|
|Release date||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|Quest series||Tales of the Arc|
|Main developer(s)||Unknown edit|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Head of the Family is a part of the Tales of the Arc miniquest series.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Waiko moai on the hill north-east of Waiko|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Moai[edit | edit source]
Talk to the Waiko moai on the hill to the north of the Khan's house on Waiko which can be found in the north-eastern part of the island. Then travel to the island of Aminishi and head north, along the western beach, then up the stairs to find the Aminishi moai. She tells you that you will need to find a captain with a cargo freighter ship, a crew, and some way to prevent her from dying while on the ship.
Crew[edit | edit source]
Return to Waiko, and speak to Yuehanxun the Dealer, found in the south-east village section of Waiko, just south-east of the bamboo stalks about a crew. She requires a payment of 15 fish oil for her two cyclops labourers. After payment, the labourers will be waiting near Aminishi's moai on Aminishi.
Transport method[edit | edit source]
Talk to Rosie (supplies) at the Waiko market about the plight of the moai. She tells you to inquire with Sea Witch Kaula on Whale's Maw, as there is a legend regarding the transport of moai statues. Visit her on the north-west part of Whale's Maw. After hearing a sad tale about the Whale's Maw's moai statue, you ascertain that transportation is possible, as long as the moai keeps contact with its respective soil. Return to Rosie on Waiko, who asks for 5 bamboo, 150 chimes and asks you to fill up a bag with Aminishi soil. From this she will make a basket filled with Aminishi soil, in which to keep the moai statue in during transport. Go to Aminishi and fill the bag (the dock works). Return to Rosie on Waiko and give her the bag, 150 chimes and 5 bamboo. Rosie will handle the delivery of the goods. At this point, before leaving Waiko, you may wish to use the bank chest there to prepare for a fight scaled to your combat level in the next step.
Captain and ship[edit | edit source]
With a crew and transport method secured, you will lastly need a captain and ship. Cap'n Ekahi can be recruited on the beach of Aminishi, east of the docks. He requires a payment of 300 chimes for the service.
Fight and completion[edit | edit source]
Go talk to the Aminishi moai statue to start the transport, then talk to Cap'n Ekahi who tells you to travel using the rowboat on the shore next to him. If you haven't already, prepare for a fight scaled to your combat level. After departing with the moai statue, Capt'n Ekahi and his cyclops crew betrays the player and tries to kill them. This combat situation has an unsafe death, but is scaled to your combat level and comes with a warning beforehand. It can be safespotted though, by stepping behind the mast.
After defeating the cyclopes, you end up at your ship on Waiko with the 300 Chimes fee refunded. Return to the hill where you started the quest to see the Aminishi moai statue being placed in front of the Waiko moai statue. Talk to the Waiko moai to finish the miniquest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1,000 chimes (+ 300 of your original investment)
- 30 fish oil
- 4 bundles of bamboo
- 5 taijitu
- Medium Agility XP lamp
- Moai decoration in Waiko Reward Shop
- An additional crew member, Cap'n Ekahi
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Head of the Family (miniquest) ( 10) – Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Head of the Family is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- patch 24 October 2016 (Update):
- An unhandled dialogue state in Head of the Family when talking to the cyclops captain has been fixed.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When going to move the Aminishi moai statue, the Cyclops Labourers say "We're ready master", and "I'm not ready". This is a reference to the Two-headed Ogre's 'unit ready' quote in the strategy game Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
- One of the cyclopes has the examine text "He could have been a contender", which is a reference to the film On the Waterfront.
- When Cap'n Ekahi turns on you, your character says "Curse your inevitable betrayal." This is a reference to the pilot episode of Firefly.
- Rosie says "It's much bigger on the inside" when handing over a bag to put the soil in. This is most likely a reference to the TARDIS in the Doctor Who series.
- No experience is gained for defeating Cap'n Ekahi and the crew.
|A part of the Tales of the Arc|