|Release date||17 March 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||Despite his name, rarely actually cooks heads.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
History[edit | edit source]
Lloyd has been the head chef of the Cooks' Guild for some time and is a member of the Cooks, Apprentices and Kitchen Experts Society. After the previous leader "retired" following an incident with wild pie, he wanted to become the group's new leader and invented cheesecake, a dessert made of biscuit and cream. Due to his taste for alcohol and loose-lipped nature while drunk Phil and Delphie have been making cheesecake for months. 
Despite his position, Lloyd does not cook anymore, instead having others cook for him. He spends his time thinking of new creations to the food world. Another Postbag from the Hedge issue states that he has a sous-chef named Adam Roy Norgs.
When the adventurer entered the guild and asked Lloyd if he needed anything, Lloyd told them of his new creation and sent them off to collect the ingredients. He taught them how to make cheesecake and had them send some to his fellow members, the Lumbridge Cook, Mess Sergeant Ramsey and the Jolly Boar Inn cook as he had to stay in the guild in the event that someone wanted to buy a cooking cape from him. All three members were impressed by his creation and nominated him as their new leader to the society.
Stock[edit | edit source]
|Item||Stock||Sell price||Buy price||GE price||Resale value|
|Cooking cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Cooking hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (−96,000)|
|Cooking cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Cooking master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (−48,000)|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In his reply, he makes numerous references to the Halo series. These include references to grunts, elites, and the Arbiter. There are also mentions of a "Spartan" kitchen. The main protagonist in Halo is the Master Chief, who has a similar title to the Head chef who was previously known as the master chef. He also mentions Guilty Spark, a spherical robot, also from the Halo series.
- In early RuneScape Classic, if players somehow found a way to kill the head chef, he would drop bones, a white apron and a chef's hat.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Jagex. Postbag 33 - "Transcript:We've deliberated, cogitated and digested.", Letter 4, by Lloyd. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Delphie, "Chef's Assistant", RuneScape. "[The Head Chef] hints about it at every Cooks, Apprentices and Kitchen Experts Society meeting, then gets blind drunk on Short Green Guys, and gives all the details to anyone that will listen!"
- ^ Head chef, "Cooks' Guild", RuneScape. "Raw chicken! Panini head! You're going to kill someone!
Player: I wasn't being ser- Wait did you just call me a 'panini head'? What's a 'panini'?
Head chef: Uh, definitely not a secret recipe I'm working on..."
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 46 - "Transcript:It begins again...", Letter 4, by Adam Roy Norgs. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Andrew Gower. config18.jag. 10:34, 6 December 2019 (UTC).*