This article is about the NPC found in the Cooks' Guild. For the NPC found on Tutorial Island, see Master Chef
Lloyd the Head chef is an NPC who heads the Cooks' Guild, found between Varrock and Gunnarsgrunn. He is a member of, and eventually the leader of, the Cooks, Apprentices and Kitchen Experts Society. He is also the inventor of cheesecake, a dessert made of biscuit and cream, but due to his taste for alcohol and loose-lipped nature while drunk Phil and Delphie have been making cheesecake for months.
As the master of Cooking, he sells the Cooking cape for 99,000 coins.
When asked about why he doesn't cook anything despite being the master of cooking, he says that he no longer needs to, since he can just get others to cook for him. Another Postbag from the Hedge issue states that he has a sous-chef named Adam Roy Norgs.
|| Sell price
|| Buy price
|| GE price
|| Resale value
|Cooking cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Cooking hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (-96,000)|
|Cooking cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Cooking master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (-48,000)|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- In his reply, he makes numerous references to the Halo series. These include references to grunts, elites, and the Arbiter. There are also mentions of a "Spartan" kitchen. The main protagonist in Halo is the Master Chief, who has a similar title to the Head chef who was previously known as the master chef. He also mentions Guilty Spark, a spherical robot, also from the Halo series.
- In early RuneScape Classic, if players somehow found a way to kill the head chef, he would drop bones, a white apron and a chef's hat.
- ^ a b Jagex. Postbag 33 - "Transcript:We've deliberated, cogitated and digested.", Letter 4, by Lloyd. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Delphie, "Chef's Assistant", RuneScape. "[The Head Chef] hints about it at every Cooks, Apprentices and Kitchen Experts Society meeting, then gets blind drunk on Short Green Guys, and gives all the details to anyone that will listen!"
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 46 - "Transcript:It begins again...", Letter 4, by Adam Roy Norgs. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Andrew Gower. config18.jag. 10:34, 6 December 2019 (UTC).*