|Release||10 November 2014 (Update)|
|Location||Ithell Clan district, Prifddinas|
|Actions||Play, Tune, Examine|
|Examine||Play the harp to gather harmonic dust.|
|doc • Talk page|
Harmonium harps are located in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas. There are four harps surrounding the Ithell statue in the building located in the south-west corner of the district. Playing the harps requires a minimum Crafting level of 75 and yields 80 Crafting experience and 1 harmonic dust for each successful note. Higher Crafting levels increase the chance for successful notes. Similar to mining the Seren stone, this is largely a low-attention-required activity and requires few clicks to continue playing the harp.
A harp must be tuned periodically to continue producing dust. Tuning a harp grants 50 Construction experience for every 10% the harp is out of tune. The harp becomes progressively out of tune as the player plays it, causing less frequent successful notes at every 10% interval. After the harp becomes entirely out of tune, the player is forced to stop playing entirely. There are chat indicators for every 10% the harp is out of tune. If the game chat is filtered, then the indicators will show at 20%, 50%, 80% and 100%. There are also visual and audio indicators of a harp being out of tune: a swirl of black particles and the harp beginning to sound out of tune, respectively.
At level 99 Crafting, a player can get about 700 harmonic dust and 56,000 Crafting experience an hour.
When the Voice of Seren is active in the Ithell district, harps are less likely to go out of tune, yield an additional 20% Crafting experience per successful note, and yield 20% additional Construction experience for tuning. With an artificer's measure equipped, the effect of the Ithell Voice of Seren is always treated as active while playing the harps. The measure does not stack with the actual Ithell Voice of Seren when it happens to be active.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed how the harps in the Ithell district react when the user opens an item such as the statue collection bag whilst using the harp.
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- Siphoning a manifested knowledge whilst tuning a harp will now stop the tuning animation correctly.
Update): 21 August 2017 (
- Baby Yaga's House and Gemi skilling pets are obtainable from harps.
- patch 23 March 2015 (Update):
- An issue in which harmonic dust could be gathered from Ithell harps faster than intended has been fixed.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer get stuck while playing an Ithell harp under certain circumstances.
- Ithell harps now only show 20%, 50%, 80% and 100% out-of-tune messages when chat messages are filtered.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer teleport while playing the Ithell district harps.
- patch 17 November 2014 (Update):
- You will now stand at the correct position when playing an Ithell harp.
- The "You are already playing a harp" message has been removed.
- Messages about your harp being out of tune are no longer filtered by the chat window filter.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When playing a harp, the player plays the harp part of the Elven Rose music track.
- If the player is paying close attention, when the harp goes out of tune, the music played from the harp sounds slightly different (a few notes sound off-key and clunky). If a player has a good ear for music, they can use this to their advantage, so they do not have to watch their game screen the entire time.
- If the player repeatedly clicks the harp to play it, it will get out of tune faster than normal.
- Tuning the harp while having the in-game music enabled with shuffle turned on will cause the current song to skip.