Hardened dragon bones
|Hardened dragon bones|
|Release||15 June 2015 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||8,948 coins (info)|
|Tougher than average dragon bones.|
|FAQ • doc|
Hardened dragon bones are obtained as a drop from adamant dragons and gemstone dragons. Hardened dragon bones give 144 Prayer experience when buried, 576 Prayer experience when offered at the Ectofuntus, or 504 Prayer experience when offered at a gilded altar with 2 burners lit.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Bones and remains|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||37.3%|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Dragonstone dragon (Dragonkin Laboratory)||111||1||Always|
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Hydrix dragon (Dragonkin Laboratory)||118||1||Always|
|Onyx dragon (Dragonkin Laboratory)||114||1||Always|
Cost and XP analysis[edit | edit source]
|Bury||Gilded altar or
|Experience||144||504||576||648 (Total)||360 (Prayer) + 288 (FM)|
|Cost per XP||-62.1||-17.8||-15.5||-13.8 (Total)||-24.9 (Prayer) or -31.1 (FM)|
- It is assumed that two burners are lit while using the gilded altar and does not include the cost of clean marrentill.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, hardened dragon bones were called adamant dragon bones as only adamant dragons dropped them, with the examine text "Dragon bones infused with adamantite ore." They were changed to their current name on 10 April 2017 due to gemstone dragons sharing the same bone drop.
- A player choosing to use hardened dragon bones all the way from 1-99 Prayer, using a gilded altar with lit burners and no other experience boosts, would, if all the bones were bought at the current medium price on the Grand Exchange, spend 231,412,875.
- Additionally the first bone would take them straight to level 5 Prayer.
- Using the ectofuntus would cost 202,486,265, but would take far longer to do. Simply burying the bones would cost 809,945,060.