Clue scroll (hard)
|Clue scroll (hard)|
|Release||5 May 2004 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? This item cannot be reclaimed.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|It points to great treasure!|
|Item ID||2773, 2778, 2782, 2785, 2792, 2793, 2794, 2796, 2797, 2799, 3564, 3566, 3568, 3570, 3572, 3573, 3574, 3575, 3577, 3579, 7247, 7248, 7249, 7250, 7251, 7252, 7253, 7254, 7255, 7268, 7270, 7272, 13010, 13012, 13014, 13016, 13018, 13020, 13022, 13024, 13026, 13028, 13030, 13032, 13034, 13040, 13041, 13048, 13049|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A clue scroll (hard) is part of the Treasure Trails Distraction and Diversion, in which a player follows a series of clues leading towards a buried treasure. They are obtained upon opening a sealed clue scroll (hard). Hard clue scrolls are between 5 to 7 clues long (4 to 6 with the Totem of Treasure).
Completion of the clue scroll will either give a scroll box (hard), containing another clue, or a reward casket (hard), containing rewards for completing the treasure trail. Hard clue scroll rewards can range from a few thousand coins to over 1,380,000,000 coins if a rare shadow dye is obtained.
Clues[edit | edit source]
This clue scroll may contain the following types of clues:
Requirements[edit | edit source]
To be able to complete all possible Hard tier clues, the following are required:
|Total level: 943|
|Hover for XP and rank. Ranks for RuneScape.|
- Completion (or partial completion) of:
- Elemental Workshop I
- Shilo Village
- Fishing Contest
- Started Horror from the Deep
- Started Icthlarin's Little Helper
- Started Swan Song
- Started The Grand Tree
- Started Throne of Miscellania
- Partial completion of Mourning's End Part I
- Partial completion of Legends' Quest
- Partial completion of Watchtower
- Partial completion of Rum Deal
- Partial completion of The Jack Of Spades
Rewards[edit | edit source]
From all levels[edit | edit source]
|2–27 holy biscuits or purple sweets|
|Various teleport scrolls|
|1–3 god pages for god books|
|20–100 Saradomin, Guthix, or Zamorak arrows|
|Noted meerkats pouches or Meerkat scroll (Fetch Casket)s|
|Sealed clue scroll (master)|
From hard clue scrolls[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 1 February 2021 (Update):
- Hard emote Clue Scrolls can no longer be completed with the incorrect emote.
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Hard clue scrolls from pickpocketing now correctly check against your clue scroll toggle settings.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Drop options have been replaced with destroy options for all caskets, clue scrolls, challenge scrolls, scroll boxes, puzzle boxes and keys. Where applicable, the destroy message will indicate where to reclaim the item; however, in most cases the item cannot be reclaimed.
- Hard clue scrolls requiring an amulet of glory now accept any charged or uncharged variant.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The following items can no longer have alchemy cast on them: Clue scrolls
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- A hard clue scroll riddle has been updated to reflect the correct location to dig in the Wilderness.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- Some puzzle pieces from hard Treasure Trails have had their colour restored.
References[edit | edit source]