|Release||9 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||12,000 coins|
|Low alch||8,000 coins|
|A miniature dwarven cannon.|
|Exchange||611,936 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The hand cannon is a two-handed Ranged weapon that requires a Ranged level of 75, a Firemaking level of 61, and the completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest to wield. The hand cannon and its proprietary ammo, hand cannon shot, were developed by the Red Axe, and are used and dropped by chaos dwarf hand cannoneers in the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield.
Unlike other weapons, this weapon has a chance to explode when attacking. This includes the use of abilities; a higher Firemaking level will reduce this chance. If a cannon explodes, it will damage the player and be destroyed. Because a Lava titan gives an invisible 10+ boost to Firemaking, having the familiar summoned will decrease the risk of the cannon exploding. To avoid losing the cannon, it can also be converted to an augmented hand cannon which drains charge when it misfires instead of being destroyed.
It counts as a two-handed crossbow in between Karil's crossbow and the royal crossbow in terms of strength. It can prove to be a viable alternative to the above two crossbows when killing monsters weak to bolts, such as waterfiends and warped tortoises.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|75 , 61|
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The special attack, Aimed Shot, uses 50% Adrenaline, firing a shot that has 30-200% weapon damage, with 75% additional accuracy, taking longer to fire. However, it has a greater chance of exploding when using this attack.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer||70; 101||1||1/132|
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed crossbows|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
|7 × Explosive components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- The hand cannon model has been updated to match the one used by chaos dwarves.
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Mining with a dwarven hand cannon equipped will no longer show both items in your hands.
- patch 28 January 2013 (Update):
- Hand cannons have had their ammo type corrected in the Grand Exchange.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The dwarf hand cannon now has a sound effect for its special attack.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- The dwarf hand cannon correctly states that it's a members’ item in the skill guide.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When cutting wood and using certain emotes, your hand cannon will not disappear if you're wielding it.
- Upon the release of Evolution of Combat, hand cannons no longer had a chance of exploding when using abilities. They could have only blown up on auto-attacks. However, an update of 6 October 2014 gave them a chance to explode again.
- It is one of only two weapons requiring a certain Firemaking level to wield, along with the inferno adze.
- When fired, the hand cannon appears to be partly inside the player's head. It is likely this is an oversight by Jagex.
- For a long time, hand cannons have sold for slightly under high-alch value until it gradually climbed in anticipation of Invention. With the elite skill's release, players discovered it can be disassembled for 7 Explosive components, which yields an extremely high experience rate, causing a huge jump in price peaking at around 1 to 1.2 million gold each.
|Part 3 of the Rise of the Red Axe quest series|