Hall of Memories
|Hall of Memories|
|Release date||11 June 2018 (Update)|
|Main music||Hall of Memories|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||No|
|Quests taking place here||No|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Hall of Memories is a dungeon located underneath the Memorial to Guthix, focused on the deceased god Guthix and his memories. The many automatons who tended to the Hall have since deactivated due to a lack of maintenance, and as such nobody has been around to return the anima to the planet. It acts as a Divination-training location, requiring level 70 Divination to access. It can be accessed by entering the pool in the Memorial to Guthix, which can be accessed by teleporting using memory strands, the Sixth-Age circuit, or a charged engram.
Completing the five memory-specific bots is a requirement for the completionist cape. Learning about the five different core memories is a requirement for the master quest cape. Completing 50 backup memory-storage bots after having completed the memory-specific ones is a Divination achievement which will reward the title, [Name] the Archivist, upon completion.
Memory jars[edit | edit source]
A memory jar must be in the player's inventory to harvest from memories within the Hall. Empty jars can be acquired from the jar depot to the east.
Memories will swirl around generators, pillars and automatons, occasionally changing their position. Faded memories are also affected by this, but do not stray as far as the other memories, only staying within the vicinity of the bud.
|Memory type||Experience||Level required|
|Core memory playback||24||70|
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
At level 99 Divination using decorated divination urns, full elder divination outfit, and a clan avatar, 250,000 experience an hour can be expected. This can be further increased to over 300,000 experience an hour by re-clicking the memories immediately after an experience drop, allowing the player to collect memories and fill jars at a faster rate.
Memory-storage bots[edit | edit source]
Upon entry to the Hall, a memory-storage bot (Aagi) is given and can be charged while harvesting memories of a specific type. When fully charged, they can be handed in to the Archivist to unlock permanent boosts, along with a memory from Guthix addressing the player. The bots are handed to the player in a specific order and unlock the permanent passive boosts in the following order:
|Storage bot||Level||Memory required||Passive effect|
|Aagi||70||Lustrous memories||Extra passive effect from the Memorial to Guthix fountain of energy[a 1]|
|Seren||80||Brilliant memories||Increased memory strand gain whilst in the Hall of Memories[a 2]|
|Juna||85||Radiant memories||Able to create three divine locations per day|
|Edicts||90||Luminous memories||Increased memory gain when harvesting from faded memories[a 3]|
|Cres||95||Incandescent memories||Increased energy gain when converting memories[a 4]|
- ^ Enables the player to have one more Memorial to Guthix effect active at a time.
- ^ Increases all memory strand gains by five. Despite the effect description, the boost works outside Hall of Memories too.
- ^ Doubles the fill rate when harvesting faded memories.
- ^ Increases all divine energy gains by one when converting.
Boosts may be used to make the Archivist give you bots that require a higher Divination level than the player currently has.
After completing the five bots above, players will start getting non-memory specific memory-storage bots, which require 50 memories of each type. When handed in, these award 10,000 Divination experience.
Recollection butterfly[edit | edit source]
Recollection butterflies roam around the Hall of Memories, granting nearby players the blessing of recollection. The blessing lasts 60 seconds and gives a chance to acquire memory shards while harvesting memories within the Hall of Memories.
Core memory fragment[edit | edit source]
Core memory fragments can randomly spawn within the Hall. They behave similar to chronicle fragments, flying around the area and can be captured by anyone. Once captured, they should be placed on an empty plinth in the northern section of the Halls for some Divination experience.
When all six plinths are filled, the bud in the centre of the Hall opens and shows a random memory which can be harvested or inspected. The memory is the same for every player on the world and is visible to everyone.
Interacting with each core memory is a master quest cape requirement. The core memories can also be accessed by fully charging the named memory-storage bots and right-clicking the Archivist to read the memories.
Core memory fill rate[edit | edit source]
Rates scale depending on divination level.
Energy memory fill rate[edit | edit source]
Faded memories fill rate % per tick is either 1% or 2% if you have completed the Edicts memory bot.
Knowledge overflow[edit | edit source]
Roughly once per hour the screen may shake and knowledge fragments spring up from the ground near the bud. A random number of waves of fragments appear for a minute and 50 seconds at a time, and they are visible for everyone in the area. Capturing a knowledge fragment grants the player Divination experience equal to 5 times their Divination level, up to 495 experience at level 99. Unlike chronicle fragments, knowledge fragments are immediately converted into experience and do not produce an item when caught.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- The Archivist ( 10) – Recover data for 50 backup memory-storage bots in the Hall of Memories. (X/50)
- Data Recovery ( 20) – Help the Archivist recover all core memory data in the Hall of Memories.
- Guthix and the Chamber of Secrets ( 10) – Learn about Guthix's core memories in the Hall of Memories.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 June 2018 (Update):
- Fixed several typos in Hall of Memories.
- The make X for memory shards now use their own crafting menu.
- Multiple players can no longer catch the same knowledge fragment and core memory in the Hall of Memories.
- The Memorialised More Than Once achievement description has been updated due to the release of an additional perk slot from the Hall of Memories.
- The Data Recovery and Guthix and the Chamber of Secrets achievements now correctly award runescore.
- The knowledge fragments in the Hall of Memories no longer flicker when the last ones spawn.
- The core memory now has an minimum time cap of 30 seconds before it next spawns
- The special memories have had their examines updated to include their outburst tier
- Both Aagi and Seren's success chance when harvesting has been modified to better accommodate for lower level Diviners
- The master clue scroll skill riddle for gathering a radiant memory can now be completed in the Hall of Memories.
- Divination daily challenges for Luminous memories and above can now also be completed in the Hall of Memories.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Golden rocks, Divination fragments, clue scrolls, memory strands, Seren Spirit, as well as Willow pet can be obtained while training Divination in the Hall.
- The core memory playback counts for daily challenges but does not fill memory-storage bots as it is not a specific memory which are needed for the bots.
References[edit | edit source]