Half full wine jug
|Half full wine jug|
|Release||28 February 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|An optimist would say it's half full.|
|Exchange||1,503,334,020 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A half full wine jug was obtained by drinking once from a jug of wine. It was later changed so that a jug of wine was consumed in a single drink, making the half full wine jug the oldest discontinued item in RuneScape.
The rarity of this item comes from the fact that it became a discontinued item via a hidden update, and very few players possessed half full wine jugs at the time. Soon, their rarity was realised, and prices began to skyrocket. While the trade restrictions were present, the street value of this item was much lower than the trade price.
One half-full wine jug heals 875 life points when consumed and reduce two Attack levels, as does a regular jug of wine. Drinking these in combat is impractical due to their price and the fact that there is a confirmation prompt for drinking one.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Half full wine jugs now have a confirmation box upon drinking.
- patch 25 March 2004 (Update):
- One of the characters in Observatory Quest no longer gives the player a half full wine jug.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Originally, in RuneScape Classic, a Half full wine jug spawned on the table in the Captured Temple. It was later replaced by the Wine of Zamorak.
- Before the Bank Op and Equip Screen Update, players were advised to not carry these items as an item, as they will turn into an empty jug if accidentally drunk. Players would usually withdraw this item as a bank note in order to avoid accidentally drinking them.