Guthixian cache boost is a consumable reward from Guthixian Caches if the player has the Stored Power buff active from the Memorial to Guthix. The Stored Power buff allows the player to bottle the benefits for later use. Obtaining 100 points in a boost-giving cache grants one boost, which can be applied to activate a full 20-minute Divination buff at any time. Obtaining less than 100 points results in the boost being awarded normally, rather than being bottled. After the Guthixian cache boost is applied, it will become an empty butterfly jar.
Only one boost can be active at a time, so multiple boosts cannot be stacked to extend the duration. When trying to apply another boost while one is already active, the following message appears in the chat box: "You are already under the effects of a Guthixian cache boost."
Multiple bottled boosts can be owned at a time, but only three bottled Guthixian cache boosts can be used a day. This resets at 00:00 UTC, whether the player has logged out or not. When trying to apply a fourth boost, the following message appears in the chat box: "You have already reached the limit of applying three bottled Guthixian cache boosts today."
One of the temporary rewards for completing a cache
- 10% chance for double loot from divine locations, at no extra cost to the player's gathering limit. Upon occurring, the following message is shown: You received double loot, as you are under the effect of a Guthixian cache boost!
- Does not activate for divine simulacrums.
- If you have the "Shared Knowledge" perk from Memorial to Guthix active, you will instead receive extra XP for each double loot activation instead of items.
- 10% chance to save a charge from a sign of the porter. Upon occurring, the following message is shown: As you are under the effect of a Guthixian cache boost, your sign of the porter did not lose a charge.
- 10% chance to convert all memories at once while training Divination, this can happen with all the options (energy, enhanced experience and normal experience), and still consumes the normal amount of energy for enhanced experience. Upon occurring, the player gets a unique animation.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!