Guthix rest is a restorative potion created during One Small Favour. Once Sanfew teaches the player how to mix the potion, it can be created by using a clean harralander with a vial of water to create a harralander potion (unf), followed by a clean marrentill to create a three-dose Guthix rest, granting a total of 59.5 Herblore experience. Adding a clean harralander to a marrentill potion (unf) will not work. The combined cost of all the required herbs and vial of water would be 12,564 coins on the Grand Exchange.
It cures poison and provides around 30 seconds of poison immunity, heals 500 life points per dose, restores 5% run energy and boosts the maximum life points by 500 at full health. A full four dose potion restores a total of 2000 life points, same as a shark, but takes four clicks. However, Guthix rest does not drain adrenaline, and is not affected by Constitution (full healing is received regardless of level).
Attempting to make this potion before speaking with Sanfew will result in: "You have no idea what effect this would have."
Mixing a Wine of Guthix with Guthix rest at level 93 Herblore creates a Super Guthix rest.
||Price per dose
||Price per dose|
(Excluding vial / flask)
| Guthix rest (1)
| Guthix rest (2)
| Guthix rest (3)
| Guthix rest (4)
| Guthix rest flask (6)
|Life Points Boost
- ^ When mixing a single potion
The data in this table is based on the Grand Exchange prices of the potion's ingredients. It is accurate assuming all tradeable ingredients are bought off the Grand Exchange.
This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of items, click here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- An antipoison already in effect message no longer appears when drinking Guthix rest potions while another antipoison source is active.
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- Drinking Guthix restores no longer overwrites any longer active antipoison duration.
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Guthix Rest potions and flasks are now all a consistent colour.
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- The healing tooltip on all variants of the Guthix rest potions has been corrected.
- The Guthix rest used to be drunk from a teacup. This was changed in an update on 20 May 2013.
- At one time this potion had a glitch and would fully restore a players health instead of only partially restoring it. Some players chose to repeatedly use this glitch to gain an unfair advantage in PvP situations and were subsequently banned from the game for violating the rules.