||4 March 2013 (Update)
||300 seconds (500 ticks)
|Call on Guthix's spirit, invoking a butterfly that will heal you for 8% of your life points, every 2 seconds for a maximum of 10 seconds. The butterfly may be destroyed by enemies.
|Infobox • Talk page
Guthix's Blessing is an ultimate Constitution ability received as a reward for completing The World Wakes and requires 85 Constitution to use. When used, a green butterfly is summoned which heals 8% of a player's maximum life points every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. The summoned butterfly can be easily killed by both player and non-player enemies, ending the healing effect prematurely. Monsters may occasionally target and kill the butterfly when the player is fighting them, ending its healing effect early. Players can only attack and kill the butterfly at the Duel Arena, the Wilderness, or the Clan Wars. The butterfly cannot be attacked or killed in over-world Duelling, trying to do so will produce the following message:
You cannot fight other people's followers here.
If the area where the ability was used is left, the healing effect will be cancelled.
This ability can prove useful to players preferring to use two-handed or dual wielded weapons, as it offers a way to heal large amounts of life points in a short amount of time without wearing a shield required for the Rejuvenate ability.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- A space has been added to separate the words 'life points' in the tooltip for the Guthix's Blessing ability.
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- The butterfly that is part of the Guthix's Blessing ability now will follow players through shortcuts in the Giant Mole lair. As a result, the healing effect is no longer cut short.
- Guthix's Blessing is the non-shield equivalent to Rejuvenate, sharing its overall healing capacity and cool-down time minus the stat restoration effect.