Guide to useful items and unlocks
This is a list of helpful items and unlocks, which either make the game more convenient or are important progression milestones. It is a collation of brief information: for more detail on subjects, please follow links to dedicated articles.
- 1 Miscellaneous
- 2 Locations
- 3 Transportation
- 4 Skilling
- 5 Combat
- 5.1 Worn Equipment
- 5.2 Ability Unlocks
- 5.3 Spell Unlocks
- 5.4 Adrenaline
- 5.5 Other Ways to Enhance Damage Dealt
- 5.6 Damage Reduction, Death, and Life Points
- 5.7 Prayer Points
- 5.8 Aggression
- 5.9 Drop Cleaners
- 5.10 Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Beasts of burden (Summoning familiars) are like an extra Inventory. When you summon one, it follows you for a set duration and you can give it items to carry, e.g., food and potions for combat or gathered resources.
|Beast-of-burden familiar||level||No. of items it carries||Duration (minutes)||Price on G.E.|
|Pack yak||96||30 (Also, its special move banks items.)||64||4,063|
|Pack mammoth||99||32 (Also, its special move consumes carried food
and heals the player without draining adrenaline.)
Charged XP capacitors and a mechanised siphon: Invention devices that make training Invention easier. The main way to train (increase your level in) Invention is to siphon experience from augmented items. To learn more about this, see these articles: Invention_training#Experience, Augmentation, and Equipment Siphon. Charged XP capacitors make augmented items gain experience 50% faster. A mechanised siphon automatically siphons experience from augmented items.
Luck enhancers boost the chance of getting rare drops from bosses and monsters. They also benefit other activities, like Archaeology, Mining, and Treasure Trails. For more info on rewards affected by luck, see: Luck#Drops_and_rewards_affected_by_luck. Higher-tier luck enhancers are better and the most-used luck enhancers are tradeable, enchanted rings, e.g.:
|Luck tier||Ring||How to make||Price on G.E.|
|1||Ring of Luck||Cast Lvl-1 Enchant on a lapis lazuli ring.||5,666|
|2||Ring of Wealth||Cast Lvl-5 Enchant on a dragonstone ring.||9,291|
|3||Ring of Fortune||Cast Lvl-6 Enchant on an onyx ring.||1,694,873|
|4||Luck of the Dwarves||Cast Lvl-6 Enchant on an alchemical onyx ring.||72,376,653|
Silverhawk boots: free from The Marketplace, they are useful hybrid armour and, when charged, they grant Agility XP. Charge them with Silverhawk feathers (tradeable) or Silverhawk down (untradeable), obtained from various sources, like the The Marketplace, Stanley Limelight Traders, Travelling Merchant's Shop, and Treasure Hunter.
- faster auras cooldowns
- shorter lockout after being caught pickpocketing in Elven clan districts (Thieving#Prifddinas)
- faster voyages in player-owned port
- summon for longer
- one less step in treasure trails.
There are eight totems, but you can have only three active at once. For all benefits and how to find every piece, see the article on totems.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Arc is unlocked after completing the Impressing the Locals quest. The Arc hosts various high-level (86+) skilling activities, a quest line and the first elite dungeon: Temple of Aminishi.
- Giant Oyster...
- Menaphos - Skilling area for moderately experienced players who have yet to unlock Prifddinas.
- May's Quest Caravan - Has a variety of rewards / unlocks depending on the amount of quest points you have. Also allows players to store / recover various quest items they may have destroyed.
- Miscellania and Etceteria - A somewhat out-of-date afk money making method / resource gatherer.
- Player-owned ports - "Minigame" for experienced / veteran players featuring a variety of unique unlocks and alternate afk money making methods.
- Plague's End
- Attuned crystal teleport seed has unlimited teleports to each Prifddinas clan district, Lletya, and the Temple of Light. In contrast, crystal teleport seed has only 8 charges and requires recharging. The attuned version is made by combining a depleted crystal teleport seed and 4 000 harmonic dust at the singing bowl in Ithell District.
- War's Retreat: a hub of unlockable amenities for PvM/fighting bosses (e.g., a bank, altar to restore Prayer and Summoning points, campfire for life-points boost, four boss portals).
- Kethsi, Frenesksae for slayer monsters?
Transportation[edit | edit source]
This is a list of convenient, recommended transport methods and the requirements that unlock them. For an exhaustive list, see the main transportation article.
Transport Networks[edit | edit source]
With key cities/settlements as destinations, the Lodestone Network is perhaps the most important form of travel. Use the home teleport spell spell to teleport to lodestones. Activate lodestones to unlock new locations.
Fairy-Rings Network (up to 54 locations)[edit | edit source]
Complete A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen (a quest) to unlock access to the fairy-rings network. Complete A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift for the ability to use fairy rings and enter Zanaris without a Lunar or Dramen staff. For some useful rings, you need to complete quests before you can use them:
- Feldip Hills near Gu'Tanoth/ALP (partial completion of A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift)
- Dark cave south of Dorgesh-Kaan/AJQ (Death to the Dorgeshuun)
- Glacor Cave/DKQ (Ritual of the Mahjarrat).
- Miscellania/CIP (The Fremennik Trials).
You need to build others with five bittercap mushrooms:
- Ancient Cavern/BJQ (also requires completion of Barbarian Training up to pyre ships)
- Kharazi Jungle/CJS (useful for Treasure Trails; also requires completion of Legends Quest up to entering the Kharazi Jungle)
- The Lost Grove/BJS.
Unlock travel via spirit trees through quests and Farming. Complete Tree Gnome Village for limited access, then The Path of Glouphrie to travel freely between any two spirit trees. Plant up to four spirit trees: one at level 83 Farming; two at level 86 after The Prisoner of Glouphrie; three at level 89 after Plague's End; and four at level 114 at rank of Apprentice Farmer at Manor Farm.
Teleportation Items[edit | edit source]
Area-Task Rewards[edit | edit source]
The Area Tasks reward items with many useful teleports:
Quest Rewards[edit | edit source]
Quest rewards with useful teleports:
|Teleportation item||Notable destinations||Quests required||Quest difficulty||Tips|
|Big Book o' Piracy||Pieces of Hate||Master|
|Cape of legends||inside or outside Legends' Guild||Legends' Quest||Master|
|Dave's spellbook||stores 'Chipped' teleport tablets:||Evil Dave's Big Day Out||Intermediate||useful for Treasure Trails|
|Dorgesh-kaan sphere and Goblin village sphere||Dorgesh-kaan and Goblin Village||Death to the Dorgeshuun quest||Intermediate|
|Drakan's medallion||Barrows, Burgh de Rott, Darkmeyer||Branches of Darkmeyer||Master||access to Temple Trekking|
|Ectophial||Ectofuntus by Port Phasmatys||Ghosts Ahoy||Intermediate|
|Remora's necklace||Grotworm Lair, by door to Queen Black Dragon (or, if free-to-play, White Knight Camp between between Port Sarim and Rimmington).||Song from the Depths||Novice|
|Sixth-Age circuit ring||The World Wakes||Grandmaster||
|TokKul-Zo||various around TzHaar City||The Elder Kiln||Master||quick teleport to bank useful, e.g., when Runecrafting|
Jewellery Teleports[edit | edit source]
|Teleportation item||Notable destinations||Charges||Tradeable?||Other info|
|Ring of kinship||Daemonheim||unlimited||no||Obtain from the Dungeoneering tutor at Daemonheim.|
|Ring of slaying||8 charges before reverting to an enchanted gem||no||Buy one for 75 Slayer points or, for 300 Slayer points, the ability to craft at 75 with an enchanted gem and gold bar.|
|Ring of respawn||Camelot, Soul Wars, White Knights' Castle||5 charges before crumbling to dust||yes||Make by casting Lvl-2 Enchant on a jade ring.|
|Traveller's necklace||5 charges before crumbling to dust||yes||Make by casting Lvl-2 Enchant on a jade necklace.|
|Enlightened amulet||The Nexus in Lumbridge Swamp||5 charges before crumbling to dust||yes||Make by casting Lvl-3 Enchant on a topaz amulet.|
|Games necklace||8 charges before crumbling to dust||yes||Make by casting Lvl-1 Enchant on a sapphire necklace.|
|Ring of duelling||8 charges before crumbling to dust||yes||Make by casting Lvl-2 Enchant on an emerald ring.|
|Amulet of glory||4 charges: recharge it at the Fountain of Heroes.[d 1]||yes|
|Ring of Wealth||4 charges: recharge it at the Fountain of Heroes.[d 1]||yes|
|Ring of Fortune||unlimited||yes|
|Luck of the Dwarves||unlimited||yes|
|Skills necklace||4 charges: recharge it at the Legends' Guild's totem pole.[d 1]||yes|
|Grace of the elves||locations to which Max Guild's skill portals are attuned||unlimited||yes|
|Passage of the abyss||stores up to 6 compactable, teleport jewellery items||5 000 charges: recharge it with fortunate components; one component gives 500 charges||yes but becomes permanently untradeable
after storing first item
Skilling[edit | edit source]
Every skill has a guide to optimal training. Find a thorough list of items useful for training a skill in the training guide, e.g., Divination_training#Useful_equipment. The following is a brief list of boosts available to many skills:
- Ancient curses and Seren, skilling spells unlocked from The Light Within quest:
- Auras, bought with Loyalty Points.
- Brooch of the Gods:
- Divine blessings occasionally appear when training, which you can click for Invention materials.
- Effects of portable skill-stations are twice as likely to occur.
- Store up to 1 000 of each type of decorated urn.
- pocket slot, jewellery item
- Tradeable (163,835,635) or make by casting Lvl-6 Enchant on an alchemical hydrix brooch.
- Crystal tools are high tier, give bonuses, and you can augment them. They are untradeable and you need to do Plague's End (a quest) to make them.
- Divine locations: place these gathering hubs almost anywhere and harvest them for resources and XP.
- Grace of the elves:
- Incense sticks:
- consumed when activated; each type has a different benefit
- Notably, torstol incense sticks boost XP gain in all skills by up to 2%.
- It is best to overload them for full potency.
- Tradeable or, with the Firemaking skill, make unfinished incense sticks from logs, then combine these with demonic ashes and a clean herb.
- Invention devices:
- Divine-o-matic vacuum converts empty divine charges to full divine charges when training Divination.
- Fishing accumulator, Mining accumulator, and Woodcutting accumulator gain charges when you fail to gather an item; consumed for 2 500 XP when full.
- Fishing rod-o-matic
- Hammer-tron for Smithing
- Pyro-matic for Firemaking
- Enhanced fishing rod-o-matic, Enhanced hammer-tron, Enhanced pyro-matic
- Flatpack depacker for Construction to automatically note or disassemble flatpack furniture.
- Soul-in-a-box (requires Nomad's Elegy quest) uses divine charges to summon a distracting soul that aids pickpocketing.
- Using Invention, you can augment high-level tools with perks. See: optimal perks for skilling (as well as the skill training guides).
- Portable skill-stations, e.g., a portable range, are temporary skilling hotspots that you can place almost anywhere (e.g., next to a bank). They are tradeable or won in Treasure Hunter.
- Most skills have an experience-boosting outfit that boosts experience gain by 5 or 6% if worn. Obtain these from minigames and special skilling locations or Treasure Hunter.
- Some outfits have add-ons for the head-slot piece.
- Most skills have an elite-skilling outfit that inherits the experience-boosting effect of the standard outfit and gives more benefits. Make all but two with level 20 Invention by combining the corresponding outfit fragments. You automatically collect fragments when training the skill from level 70.
- Some skills have experience-boosting items that you can pair with the outfits.
- perfect juju potions (tradeable)
- At 99 and having found the recipe when Dungeoneering in Daemonheim, you can brew perfect plus potions (untradeable), which simultaneously give the effects of all perfect juju potions.
- powerbursts (tradeable; powerful benefits lasting just seconds with a global 2-minute cooldown)
- Unlock relic powers from Archaeology (to unlock them, use relics on the mysterious monolith).
- Buy scrolls for Dungeoneering tokens from the Dungeoneering Rewards trader to save materials: scroll of cleansing, scroll of dexterity, scroll of efficiency, scroll of proficiency, and scroll of life.
- Skill-cape perks: at level 99 in a skill, you can buy the skill's cape of accomplishment. Each cape has a perk.
- Shadow-touched training set from Sliske's Endgame quest:
- Signs of the porter transfer gathered items to your bank, metal bank or Archaeology material storage container.
- Tier-99, skilling off-hands:
- Summoning familiars
- Various benefits but, notably, invisible level boosts, which increase skilling success, e.g., Arctic bear gives an invisible +7 boost to Hunter.
- Beasts of burden carry items/have extra inventory slots.
- Waterfiend familiars give a 5% chance to duplicate and store (up to 20 items) resources gained in Archaeology, Fishing, Divination, Mining, and Woodcutting. Its special move banks all items it has stored.
- Use temporary skill boosts (like god banners and some beer, food, and potions) to boost skill levels and access higher-level content, like quests or to make items.
- Give a 20% boost to XP gain.
- If in your inventory when training, urns fill up; once full, they are consumed (automatically teleport away and disappear) for XP.
- Tradeable and made by crafting.
- After Nomad's Elegy quest and with level 24 Invention, you can make the urn enhancer, which uses divine charges to give 25% extra XP when urns teleport away.
Combat[edit | edit source]
Worn Equipment[edit | edit source]
Your avatar (player character) can wear/wield items in 13 slots: head, pocket, back (cape), neck, ammunition, main hand, torso (body), off-hand, legs, hands, feet, and ring. Items equipped for combat reduce the damage you receive and boost other stats like:
- accuracy (chance to successfully hit an enemy)
- damage (maximum damage dealt per hit)
- armour rating (chance to block an enemy hit)
- prayer bonus (the higher the bonus, the slower the rate at which prayer points drain).
Items may also have special effects, e.g., special attacks or effects on your adrenaline or the enemy’s affinity for a combat style. Formulae for combat stats are complex (the following articles give more info: combat stats, armour, weapon, affinity), as are optimal set ups. The simple view, however, is you should generally aim to increase the damage you deal (as this results in faster kills) and you achieve this by equipping items with high accuracy, damage, and style bonus (bonus to magic, melee, and range combat style). See the ‘main articles’ listed at the top of this subsection for thorough lists of items, sorted by the bonuses they grant and skill levels they require, including best-in-slot items.
The following items are useful, but “non-standard” or with “lesser-known” requirements/sources:
Basic Equipment Switches[edit | edit source]
Switching items in and out of slots mid-combat to use their special effects is important in high-level PVM. 'SwitchScape' refers to convoluted, carefully-timed chains of item switches for marginal gains in damage dealt (small, incremental improvements, which, added together, make significant improvement). Though tricky to learn at first, even basic switches give significant benefit. Most notably, you can wield a shield to use the Resonance ability to heal and reduce the damage from a boss attack, then switch back to a weapon. Here are some important, basic switches:
!... Requirements to equip Reqs. to unlock Effects & usage
|Item||Slot||Equip req||Description||Unlock method|
|Guthix staff||Two-handed||60||A tier 60 Magic weapon. Has a special attack, Claws of Guthix: costs 25% adrenaline and deals 140%-300% (220% on average) ability damage. On a successful hit, this lowers the target's Defence level by 5% of the base level. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's affinity values by 2; this affinity increase lasts for one minute.|
|Statius's warhammer /
Superior Statius's warhammer
|Main hand||78/88||A tier 78/88 Melee weapon. Degrades to dust. Has a special attack, Smash: requires 35% adrenaline to use and deals 83-208% ability damage and lowers your opponent's Defence level by 30%. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's affinity values by 5 for one minute.||Standard version can be dropped by revenants and the Chaos Elemental. Can be upgraded using an ancient warriors' equipment patch.|
|Divine spirit shield /
Elysian spirit shield /
Arcane spirit shield
|A tier 75 Melee/Ranged/Magic Shield. Reduces all damage taken by 30% (with sufficient prayer points). Prayer points will be reduced by 50% of the damage received.||Created by attaching a divine sigil/elysian sigil/arcane sigil to a blessed spirit shield. Requires completion of the Summer's End quest and 85 Smithing and 90 Prayer. Alternately, you can ask Brother Bordiss to attach it for 1,500,000 coins after completing Perils of Ice Mountain. Can be bought for 15,988,209/39,389,297/16,724,636.|
|Kalphite defender /
Kalphite repriser /
Kalphite rebounder and lower-tier variants
|Acts as a tier 45 Melee/Ranged/Magic weapon and shield, allowing use of both offensive and defensive abilities.||Created from a perfect chitin and an off-hand drygore weapon/off-hand ascension crossbow/seismic singularity.|
|Ring of vigour||Ring||62 ,
|Reduces adrenaline drain from ultimate abilities and weapon special attacks.||Buy from the Dungeoneering reward shop for 50,000 Dungeoneering tokens.|
Monster Specific[edit | edit source]
Some worn equipment gives buffs against specific monsters:
|Requirements to equip||Reqs. to unlock||Affected monsters||Effects||Other info|
|upgraded Balmung||70||Get the Balmung during the Blood Runs Deep quest; upgrade it after Koschei's Troubles miniquest.||dagannoth and Dagannoth Supreme||tier-70, two-handed, melee weapon, boosts damage and hit chance when wielded against these monsters|
|Corrupted slayer helmet or lower-tier variants||70||your current Slayer assignment||
||Craft with black mask, earmuffs, face mask, nose peg, spiny helmet, focus sight, hexcrest, corrupted gem.|
|Keris||50||Contact! quest||scarabs and kalphites||tier-50, main hand, melee weapon, boosts damage and hit chance against these monsters||If worn, desert amulet 3 and 4 further boost damage and hit chance.|
|Salve amulet (e)||none||You make a Salve amulet during the Haunted Mine quest and can enchant it after the Lair of Tarn Razorlor miniquest.||undead monsters like skeletons and zombies||+20% accuracy and damage (all combat styles)||Speeds up Slayer assignments involving undead monsters.|
|reforged Sunspear (i.e., Sunspear (magic), Sunspear (melee), and Sunspear (ranged))||78 //||River of Blood quest||vyres||Tier-78, two-handed weapon with various effects. You can switch between Magic, melee, and Ranged variants.|
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- scrimshaw of attack, scrimshaw of magic, and scrimshaw of ranging increase the accuracy of attacks using their corresponding combat style.
- scrimshaw of the elements and scrimshaw of cruelty add damage to Magic and Ranged attacks.
- mechanised chinchompas
- Kiln/TokHaar capes, skill capes (Con, Def, Att, Str, Inv), max cape perk
- spirit cape
- ring of death
- A ring of death gives a 50% chance of restoring the wearer's adrenaline by 1% for every 1,500 of the target's maximum life points, to a maximum of 5% adrenaline, when a target is killed. If the wearer dies (outside of the Wilderness) they will be teleported to the last respawn hub visited, with all items intact (including familiars) and stats restored, at a cost of 15% of the ring's charge. Does not work in the Wilderness. It can be made by enchanting a hydrix ring and recharged by 50% with a cut onyx.
|Item||Slot||Equip req||Description||Unlock method|
|Saradomin cape /
Guthix cape /
|Back||None||A tier 55 Magic power armour cape.||Mage Arena minigame|
|Amulet of souls||Neck||None||Base damage reduction of protection prayers and deflection curses is increased by 10% (giving them 60% damage reduction); Soul Split has a 50% chance to heal 25-50% more (an average of 18.75% more healing). Must be recharged using cut onyxes. Becomes permanently untradeable when equipped.||Cast Lvl-6 Enchant on a hydrix amulet or buy for 84,915,457.|
|Reaper necklace||Neck||None||Successful hits give a 0.1% hit chance boost in all styles for 54 seconds, stacking up to 30 times (a total 3% hit chance increase). Must be recharged using cut onyxes. Becomes permanently untradeable when equipped.||Cast Lvl-6 Enchant on a hydrix necklace or buy for 83,098,745.|
|essence of finality amulet||Neck||None||Combines the effects of the amulet of souls and reaper necklace. By sacrificing a weapon, its special attack is stored and can be used whilst using any weapon of a matching style. Has high style bonuses. Must be recharged using alchemical hydrix dust. Becomes permanently untradeable when equipped.||Make with amulet of souls, reaper necklace, and an alchemical hydrix, or buy for 329,361,845.|
|Damaged book /
God book /
Illuminated god book
|30/40||Damaged book has a prayer bonus. Repaired and illuminated books additional style bonuses, with illuminated books having higher bonuses. If charged with the corresponding god pages, repaired and illuminated books can be activated to have a chance of triggering a special effect in combat.|
|Armour spikes /
Armour spikes (alloy)
|Ammunition||None||Damages adjacent attacking enemies if you are wielding Melee weapons and have Melee torso and leg armour equipped. Damage is dealt is equal to ten times the user's Smithing level. Damage is increased by 100% if a shield is equipped or 50% if a defender is equipped. Alloy armour spikes also have a 10% to deal ten times the usual damage.||Smithed from elder rune bars requiring 90 Smithing. Can be upgraded to alloy armour spikes by being smithed along side a concentrated alloy bar requiring 99 Smithing.|
|Large rune pouch||Ammunition||66||Can store up to 16,000 each of three unique runes. Upon casting spells, stored runes will be consumed as if they were in the inventory. Functions both in the ammunition slot and inventory.||Created from 100 magical threads gained through Runecrafting using the Abyss, requiring 90 Runecrafting. Can be bought for 22,097,823.|
|Tirannwn quiver or variants||Ammunition||None||Provides various bonuses in and around Tirannwn. Can hold up to 20,000 of one type of ammunition.||Tirannwn area-task achievements|
|Cinderbane gloves||Hands||85||Increases poison damage, adds a 1/6 chance to poison target monster and if the target is already poisoned, has a 1/6 chance to refresh the poison and cause an extra poison hit. Synergises well with blood reaver familiar.||Dropped by Lost Grove creatures or bought for 87,373,195.|
|Deathtouch bracelet||Hands||None||Gives a 1/5 chance of reflecting 25–50% of damage taken back onto opponents, an average of 7.5% of the opponent's damage, up to a maximum of 5000 damage. Reflect immune opponents take half this damage instead. Must be recharged using cut onyxes. Becomes permanently untradeable when equipped.||Cast Lvl-6 Enchant on a hydrix bracelet or buy for 68,678,805.|
|Nightmare gauntlets||Hands||85||Increase the hit chance of Snipe by 25% and allows the player to use the ability while moving.||Dropped by Nightmares after Children of Mah quest or bought for 75,097,981.|
|Laceration boots /
Fleeting boots /
Blast diffusion boots
|Feet||80||Tier 80 power armour. Enhances Bladed Dive /Rapid Fire /Detonate . All 3 pairs of boots can be enhanced to tier 90 by attaching a shadow spike which can be dropped by Raksha.||All 3 pairs of boots can be dropped by Raksha. Laceration boots can be dropped by dinosaurs on Anachronia. Blast diffusion boots can be dropped by vile blooms on Anachronia.|
|Asylum surgeon's ring||Ring||85||Provides good stat bonuses and has a special mechanic that allows for the preservation of adrenaline when using threshold abilities.||Complete Broken Home (a quest), then the Challenge Maria achievement.|
|Reaver's ring||Ring||None||Adds 5% critical strike chance but reduces accuracy by 5%.||Created from a Heart of the Berserker and 10 Berserker rings, costing 113,151,404.|
Abilities are combat powers used to, e.g., deal or avoid damage, heal, or stun; they may be the most important combat mechanic (some other important parts of combat are boss or mob special attacks, life points/death, Prayer, and stats on worn equipment). Abilities drain or generate adrenaline (percentage points displayed on the action bar next to life points). There are three classes of ability: basic, threshold, and ultimate (in addition to auto-attacks). Some weapons also have special attacks (click the ability called Weapon Special Attack to use). Basic abilities and auto-attacks generate adrenaline, whereas thresholds, ultimates, and special attacks drain adrenaline, but are more powerful. The order and timing of ability use - accumulating and spending adrenaline effectively - is an important technique in combat.
Unlock most abilities just by leveling up combat skills. Get others, however, elsewhere, like monster drops (which may be tradeable, but can be expensive), minigames, or quests. The abilities below are accessible to unlock and important progression points:
|Ability||Style||Description||Recommended unlock method|
|Bladed Dive||Melee||Instantly dives to the target monster or tile. Useful for combat and for general travel. Cooldown can be halved with mobile perk.||63,000,000 shattered anima from Shattered Worlds reward shop|
|Second Surge charge||Magic||Grants a second charge of the Surge ability with its own independent cooldown.||Double Surge codex (tradeable) costing 33,629,233 or Double Surge codex created with 500 codex pages|
|Devotion||Defence||Increases the effectiveness of your protection prayers to 100%. Lasts 9.6 seconds||Rare drop from Bandos and Armadyl aligned monsters in the God Wars Dungeon.|
|Sacrifice||Consitution||Deals damage to target and heals 25% of damage done. If the target dies, heals 100% of damage done.||Rare drop from Bandos and Armadyl aligned monsters in the God Wars Dungeon.|
|Tuska's Wrath||Constitution||Deals massive damage based on Slayer level if used on current Slayer assignment.||4,000 Reward Currency from Anima Islands.|
|Death's Swiftness||Ranged||Increases most Ranged damage dealt from inside it by 50%. Lasts 30 seconds, can be increased with planted feet perk.||The World Wakes quest|
|Sunshine||Magic||Increases most Magic damage dealt from inside it by 50%. Lasts 30 seconds, can be increased with planted feet perk.||The World Wakes quest|
|Corruption Shot||Ranged||Deals damage over time to target and spreads to other nearby enemies.||Corruption Shot Ability Codex or the tradeable Mazcab ability codex costing 36,829,247.|
|Corruption Blast||Magic||Deals damage over time to target and spreads to other nearby enemies.||Corruption Shot Ability Codex or the tradeable Mazcab ability codex costing 36,829,247.|
Spell Unlocks[edit | edit source]
Unlock the following spells used with Magic:
- Complete Lunar Diplomacy (a quest) to unlock the Lunar spellbook, which includes Vengeance (the next time you receive damage, 75% of it is instead dealt to the attacker).
- Then, unlock these with Produce points:
- Complete Desert Treasure to unlock Ancient Magicks, then The Light Within for:
- Complete City of Senntisten for Senntisten spells.
Adrenaline[edit | edit source]
Abilities drain or generate adrenaline (percentage points displayed on the action bar next to life points). Accumulating and spending adrenaline effectively is an important technique in combat. The following help:
- Various potions generate adrenaline; view them by clicking here. Notably, one dose of a adrenaline renewal potion generates 4% adrenaline per tick for ten ticks (6 seconds), a total of 40%.
- Adrenaline urn stores 1 000% adrenaline, preventing it draining out of combat. You can equip the urn in your pocket slot.
- Unlock these relic powers from Archaeology:
- Also see Asylum surgeon's ring, ring of death, and ring of vigour, described in the section on worn equipment.
Other Ways to Enhance Damage Dealt[edit | edit source]
- Unlock Berserker's Fury, a relic power, at 56 . (Relic powers are rewards from Archaeology; to unlock them, use relics on the mysterious monolith.)
- Ancient curses - turmoil etc
- Arch relics (any to go in misc subsection?)
- Cannons: Kinetic cyclone, Oldak coil
- incense sticks: spirit weed, kwuarm
Potions[edit | edit source]
- Weapon poison+++ w/ cinderbanes, vulnerability bomb
- (put pots either in pots subsection or split by healing/damage enhancement. misc section for adrenaline renewal/urn, powerburst of acceleration?)
- healing/damage enhancement: powerburst of vitality, Saradomin brew, Guthix rest
Certain potions made using the Herblore skill give a temporary skill boost to combat skills which is comprised of a static boost of between 1-5 levels in the combat skill plus a scaling boost of 8-17% of the player's base level in the skill. There are standard, super, grand, and extreme variants of skill boosting potions for each individual combat skill. At level 96 Herblore players can create overloads which combine the different extreme potion variants to give a simultaneous boost to all combat skills.
Combination potions can also be used to combine lower-level potion effects or to combine the skill boosting effects of higher level potions with other useful effects such as dragonfire resistence or prayer renewal. In order to make combination potions the player must have access to Prifddinas in order to purchase the potion recipes from the Recipe Shop; additionally some recipes must first be found while Dungeoneering or be purchased in the Dungeoneering rewards shop.
- Holy overloads combine the effects of overloads and prayer renewals, restoring up to 545 Prayer points over 6 minutes (at level 99 Prayer).
- Searing overloads combine the effects of an overloads and super antifire, providing protection from dragonfire for 6 minutes.
- Overload salves act as overloads, have the effects of prayer renewals and protect from dragonfire, wyvern breath and poison.
- Supreme overloads are slightly better than regular overloads, boosting combat skills by 16% + 4 (+19 levels at level 99).
- Supreme overload salves combine the effects of supreme overloads with prayer renewals and protects from dragonfire, wyvern breath and poison.
- Elder overloads are the highest-tier overloads available, boosting combat skills by 17% + 5 (+21 levels at level 99).
- Elder overload salves have the effects of elder overloads, prayer renewals and protect from dragonfire, wyvern breath and poison.
- ^ Rounded down
Summoning Familiars[edit | edit source]
By levelling up the Summoning skill players can gain access to familiars which have a range of effects including dealing damage directly to enemies, increasing the player's accuracy in combat and boosting damage dealt by the player:
|77 [c 1]||Blood reaver||Deals 25% of the player's healing as damage to a monster.
Synergises well with Cinderbane gloves.
|77||Talon beast||A decent damage dealing familiar.||48||9,058|
|87 [c 2]||Blood nihil||Boosts the player's melee accuracy by 5%.||96||191,702|
|87 [c 2]||Shadow nihil||Boosts the player's ranged accuracy by 5%.||96||192,366|
|87 [c 2]||Smoke nihil||Boosts the player's magic accuracy by 5%.||96||181,982|
|87 [c 2]||Ice nihil||Boosts the player's magic accuracy by 5%.
Has a chance to apply an accuracy and defence debuff to NPC targets.
Debuff applies only to damage dealt to/by familiars,
making the ice nihil more viable for group PVM.
|96 [c 1]||Ripper Demon||Boosts the player's damage by 0-5%,
increasing as the target monster's health decreases.
|99||Steel titan||A good damage dealing familiar.||64||4,542|
Auras[edit | edit source]
- accuracy: brawler, runic, sharpshooter
- penance, vamp- prayer/life points section?
|Dark magic aura||When active has a chance on attacking an opponent to inflict corrupting damage.||12,500 marks of War|
|Berserker aura||When active boosts your Attack and Strength, but at the cost of your Defence.||25,000 marks of War|
|Reckless aura||When active boosts your Ranged, but at the cost of your Defence.||25,000 marks of War|
|Maniacal aura||When active boosts your Magic, but at the cost of your Defence.||25,000 marks of War|
Damage Reduction, Death, and Life Points[edit | edit source]
These reduce the damage you receive:
- deflect curses...
- Unlock these relic powers from Archaeology:
These restore life points:
- soul split curse...
- powerburst of vitality, Saradomin brew, Guthix rest
- Enhanced Excalibur is an upgraded version of Excalibur that may be obtained upon completion of the hard Seers' Village achievements. By activating the enhanced Excalibur, the player is healed for 4% of their maximum life points every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. Upon upon completion of the elite achievement the effect is increased to 4% of the player's maximum life points healed 10 times over a period of 40 seconds, resulting in a total of 40% of maximum life points healed.
- The vampyrism aura lets you gain life points equal to 5% of any damage you deal when it is active. It can be bought for 5,000 marks of war. (A scrimshaw of vampyrism is a degradable pocket slot item that absorbs a small amount of the enemy's health on successful melee attacks, giving it to the scrimshaw bearer.)
- Food can be used to restore life points but this is not recommended as it reduces adrenaline by 10% when consumed, with the exception of green and blue blubber jellyfish.
If you die, the items below revive you or reduce the cost of death. Death can be costly because you must pay GP (coins) to Death (the Grim Reaper) to reclaim items in your inventory and worn equipment. The (Defence cape), sign of death, and sign of life reduce your adrenaline to zero and share a one-hour cooldown (during which you can't re-use them).
- A sign of death automatically revives the player and restores 15% of their life points. Additionally, if the player's target is not immune to reflect damage, it removes 15% of the target's base life points, to a maximum of 5000 damage. It can be bought from the Grand Exchange for 15,370 or created with 79 Divination. The untradeable portent of death gives the same effect but can be equipped in the pocket slot, however it requires level 99 Divination to create.
- A sign of life automatically revives the player and restores 25% of their life points. It can be bought from the Grand Exchange for 14,414 or created with 78 Divination. The untradeable portent of life gives the same effect but can be equipped in the pocket slot, however it requires level 99 Divination to create.
- The skillcape perk of the Defence cape gives the same effects as the sign/portent of life but requires level 99 Defence.
- recommended prayer pots
- ancient elven ritual shard can be activated every 5 minutes to regain lost prayer points. It can be bought from the Grand Exchange for 10,461,955.
- Blessed flask is a reusable flask that can store up to 80 doses of extreme prayer, which can restore a total of 45,200 prayer points at level 99 Prayer. Creating the flask is an expensive and time consuming process.
- The demon horn necklace, split dragontooth necklace, and Twisted bird skull necklace allow players to restore prayer points upon burying bones while they are equipped (including any bones buried by the effect of a bonecrusher). This can allow players to maintain prayers indefinitely as long as enemies are killed quickly enough. These items can be bought at the Daemonheim Rewards shop for 35,000, 17,000, and 8,500 Dungeoneering tokens.
- Holy wrench...
- Penance aura...
- Supreme reverence aura and lower-tier variants...
Some items force monsters to be aggressive to you. This helps tanking (protecting other players by directing damage from bosses/mobs to you) or to minimise effort in killing lots of mobs.
- Aggression, a basic Defence ability bought from the Shattered Worlds Reward Shop for 90 million shattered anima.
- Aggression potion, Aggroverload, Holy aggroverload (each last 6 minutes). Drink a cup of tea or heated tea flask to cancel aggression potions.
- Scrimshaw of aggression, Scrimshaw of corruption
These pocket-slot items make mobs in the god-war dungeons unaggressive (they do not affect bosses and boss minions):
|Quest required to unlock||Dungeon/monsters affected||Other info|
|Shard of Zaros||Fate of the Gods||God Wars Dungeon (Temple of Lost Ancients); plus Muspahs and Nihils on Freneskae||Lets you use Prayer altars in boss rooms in God Wars Dungeon|
|Shard of Mah||Children of Mah||Heart of Gielinor||Raises the kill count multiplier in the Heart of Gielinor to 400%.|
|Shard of Erebus||Battle of the Monolith miniquest||Elder God Wars Dungeon|
Drop Cleaners[edit | edit source]
Drop cleaners automatically pick up or convert items dropped by monsters in combat. You can add some drop cleaners to your tool belt, but others must be in your inventory or pocket slot to use. In addition to drop cleaners, enchanted notepaper and magic notepaper convert items to notes.
|Item name||Drops affected||How to obtain|
|attuned ectoplasmator||Use 100 ghostly essence on an ectoplasmator, a rare drop from certain ghosts.|
|bonecrusher and upgraded version|
|charming imp||Picks up Summoning charms and spirit gems or destroys charms for Summoning experience.|
|Charos' clue carrier||Automatically stores all clue scrolls obtained while skilling or as monster drops.||Quest reward for completing Desperate Times.|
|gold accumulator and advanced gold accumulator|
|herb bag||Picks up unnoted grimy herb drops and stores 50 of each grimy herb (100 after upgrading).|
|Herbicide and upgraded version|
|scrimshaw of sacrifice and scrimshaw of corruption|
|spring cleaner and upgraded versions||Made at level 43 Invention or won in Treasure Hunter.|
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- fellstalk incense sticks boost the chance to spawn elite monsters. Use if hunting specific Slayer-monster drops, e.g., Eddy, the Edimmu pet (elite versions drop three items from the monster's drop table).
- Overload lantadyme incense sticks to extend potion timers by 2 minutes.
- (Also see: incense sticks.)
- Powerburst of acceleration resets the cooldowns of the Surge and Bladed Dive abilities.