|Also called||Ogre city|
|Release date||7 May 2003 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||0|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Leader||The Ogre Shamans|
|Inhabitants||Ogres (ruling), Skavids|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Gu'Tanoth is the ogre capital city, south of Yanille and far south of Ardougne, in the Feldip Hills. Players can enter Gu'Tanoth after starting or completing the Watchtower quest. It will also ask you for a variety of items to prove your worth.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Players can also home teleport to the Yanille lodestone and run south.
Marketplace[edit | edit source]
The second, Grud's Herblore Stall, is, as the name suggests, a store run by Grud that stocks ingredients used in the Herblore skill. Such items include vials and vial packs, pestles and mortars, eyes of newt, and eye of newt packs.
There is a stall featuring some rock cakes which may be stolen from with a Thieving level of at least 15. The rock cakes inflict damage if consumed, and are used during the Watchtower quest to gain access across one of Gu'Tanoth's bridges.
To enter town by the southern gate, a player needs to pay the guards 1 gold bar.
Ogre Enclave[edit | edit source]
The Ogre Enclave contains many high level monsters such as blue dragons, greater demons, and ogre shamans. In the centre of the cave is the Rock of Dalgroth, which you can mine while completing the Watchtower quest for the fourth crystal. The ogre shamans in there are invincible and can only be killed during the quest.
Eastern Island[edit | edit source]
The island to the east which contains a dig spot for a Treasure Trail Co-ordinate Clue cannot be accessed directly from the surface. The only method of travel is the ladder, which can be accessed from the Cave Entrance outside the city, to the south-west.
Skavid caves[edit | edit source]
Summoning[edit | edit source]
There is a Summoning obelisk and shop, just before the entrance to Gu'Tanoth. Bogrog will swap spirit shards for Summoning pouches at a 70% rate, provided the player's Summoning level is high enough relative to the level requirement of the pouch being traded (see the Bogrog article for more information). At least 21 Summoning is required to swap pouches into spirit shards.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Jumping over the bridge in Gu'Tanoth will now only ask for coins once!
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Four new teleport scrolls have been added to all clue scroll tiers that teleport players to the Lighthouse, the Clocktower, Gu'Tanoth entrance and to the Treasure Trail hub at the main Grand Exchange entrance.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the Watchtower quest’s logic so that players who've completed it can always enter Gu'Tanoth.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Run mode is no longer turned off when climbing the battlement at Gu'Tanoth.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On one of the oldest RuneScape Classic maps available, this city was referred to as "Orge City"[sic].