Gruffydd Trahaearn is an elven mechanic and member of the Trahaearn Clan. He was entrusted by Lady Trahaearn with ensuring her protection during her exile and was given the plans for a life support exoskeleton and automatons. He chose to deviate from the designs he was given, which resulted in Lady Trahaearn being unable to wake up and the automatons being defeated by a single human, despite being outnumbered.
When Lady Trahaearn gave his work away to the human, he complained. She responded to him in a letter, where she called his work sloppy and suggested that he deliberately created malfunctioning equipment.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Trahaearn: Letter to Gruffydd, written by Lady Trahaearn, RuneScape. "I ordered you to create machines capable of defeating any humans or other wild animals that broke into my cave. If you had followed my designs more precisely then that is what they would have done."
- ^ a b Trahaearn: Letter to Gruffydd, written by Lady Trahaearn, RuneScape. "There was also evidence of shoddy workmanship in your work on my life support exoskeleton. It malfunctioned, leaving me unable to wake up."
- ^ Trahaearn: Letter to Gruffydd, written by Lady Trahaearn, RuneScape. "But you deviated from my designs and produced inferior work: even though the automata outnumbered the human three to one, they were unable to defeat it!"
- ^ Trahaearn: Letter to Gruffydd, written by Lady Trahaearn, RuneScape. "Quit your whining. Yes, I gave your prototype dextrous exoskeleton to the human. You should count yourself lucky it still exists. I certainly wasn't going to give it back to you after what happened."
- ^ Trahaearn: Letter to Gruffydd, written by Lady Trahaearn, RuneScape. "I am forced to wonder if your 'failures' are not instances of incompetence after all, but acts of deliberate sabotage. It feels almost as if you do not want to see me become the immortal leader of an unstoppable army of soulless mechanical elves."