Grifolaroos are monsters found in the Polypore Dungeon. They are the third strongest monster there, requiring a Slayer level of 82 to be killed, and 60 Magic to receive as a Slayer task. They are the weakest monster to drop grifolic flakes, which can be made into the grifolic armour set. They are also the only monster that can drop grifolic gloves and grifolic orbs.
||The last Grifolaroo I killed I found earth spells took them down effectively.
Grifolaroos live in a cave north-east of the Mage Training Arena. The creatures of that dungeon are coated in toxic fungus, so you should fight them from a distance, although they'll try to hop over obstacles towards you. The fungus helps them repair physical damage, so you might prefer using magical attacks.
All ranged and melee hits done to all monsters in the Polypore Dungeon, including grifolaroos, are heavily capped (including dwarf multicannons) to 40 damage per hit. As such, using magic is highly recommended.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 11,414 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v Seeds are most commonly dropped two at a time. (E.g. A limpwurt and a white berry seed in a single drop.)
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Grifolaroos have had their combat stats rebalanced (weakened variant).
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Now deals damage correctly with ranged and magic attacks.
- The skull of the grifolaroo resembles that of the old Slayer icon, which is depicted as an animal skull.
- The description seems to hint that the name "grifolaroo" is a reference to kangaroos.
- The name also sounds similar to (The) 'Gruffalo' which, in the book, has 'purple prickles all over his back', a feature that is shared with a grifolaroo that also has spines, or prickles, that the monster uses to attack the player (although these are yellow in colour).
- Occasionally while fighting the grifolaroo, it will say "Hup!". It is the only monster along with the grifolapine to have a dialogue in Polypore Dungeon other than the "Ssss!" and "Krrr!".
- There is a glitch where if the grifolaroo says "Hup!" and soon gets its cover back and you click on your neem oil, you spray the neem oil on another monster instead rather than the monster you are targeting. This also affects attacking too.
- If a player manages to deal a killing blow on a grifolaroo when it says "Hup!" the death animation will not be seen. This also is similar to landing a killing blow on an abyssal demon during the teleportation phase.
- It is possible for a grifolaroo to jump into an area inaccessible to players, making it impossible to collect your drops unless players bring runes for the Telegrab spell.
- The examine text resembles that of a zygomite: "A bouncy fungus" versus "a bouncy creature covered in...fungus".
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for these monsters was 259,437 kills, shared with all polypore creatures.
- This had increased to 351,360 by 6 May 2018.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"