|Release||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Quest item||Recipe for Disaster|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A glass of frothy ale.|
|Exchange||1,628 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Greenman's ale is an ale that can be player-made through brewing at level 29 Cooking, granting 281 experience per batch. When drunk, it heals 290 life points, and provides a temporary boost to the player's Herblore level of 1 for 60 seconds, at the cost of decreasing attack, strength and defence. It can be bought from the bartender in Yanille for 10 coins (only 1 at a time after a short dialogue). It can also be bought from Jossik at the Lighthouse after Horror from the Deep, for 2 coins each with a stock of 10, as well as from Rasolo for the same price and with the same stock as Jossik.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|? experience is awarded upon brewing in the fermenting vat.|
|? experience is awarded upon draining the fermenting vat.|
|Bucket of water||2||227||454|
Products[edit | edit source]
| Greenman's ale (barrel)|
Other uses[edit | edit source]
This ale has a stronger counterpart: Mature Greenman's ale, which provides a +2 temporary Herblore boost. Be aware that Greenman's ale (m) is extremely expensive. The chance of Greenman's ale maturing is very low, but the odds can be increased by using The stuff during the brewing process.
This ale can be useful to players practicing Herblore. As it boosts the players Herblore level when drunk, it allows players to make potions and clean herbs that they would otherwise not be able to, as well as allowing players to start the quest While Guthix Sleeps with 64 Herblore instead of the required 65.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|The Lighthouse Store||Lighthouse||2||Coins||10|
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||South of Baxtorian Falls||2||Coins||10|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||68.1%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- The hover/longpress tooltip for various drinks now includes a description of their specific stat buffs and debuffs.
- patch 10 August 2020 (Update):
- The Greenman's Ale temporary boost has been changed from +3 to +2/+1.
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Greenman's Ale now has the apostrophe in it and all references to it have been updated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Lumbridge Castle cook, Greenman's ale is the official sponsored beverage of Castle Wars.
- The name of this beverage may be related to the Green Man, a representation of a face or figure surrounded by or composed of leaves, often representative of nature. The Green Man is also a popular name for English pubs.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
There is no additional colour change for The stuff being added.