|Release||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||30 coins|
|Low alch||20 coins|
|On death||Always lost|
|A very slimy and generally disgusting green lizard.|
|Exchange||8,268 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The green salamander is a two-handed ranged weapon. It requires a Ranged level of 30 to wield. In order to be operated, players must provide the lizard with guam tar, placed in the ammunition slot. A green salamander is also used as a tertiary ingredient for creating a Swamp titan pouch in Summoning.
Players may also trap green salamanders in Nyriki's private hunting grounds through the Green salamander portal with the use of green salamander quota tickets. These tickets can be earned through the Big Chinchompa Distraction & Diversion. This method can be considered easier than hunting green salamanders in Morytania, because the player does not have to worry about dealing with ghasts or other aggressive creatures.
Players may receive green salamanders from opening a box of summoning ingredients, a possible reward from the Familiarisation Distraction and Diversion, from opening a Reward casket (elite) at the end of an elite Treasure Trail, or as a possible reward from the Giant Oyster.
The green salamander will not appear under the player's gravestone if he/she dies. If held in a beast of burden when the beast is dismissed, they will appear on the ground.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
| Swamp titan pouch|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Giant Oyster||N/A||15 (noted)||Common||N/A|
|Green salamander (Hunter)||29||1||Always||N/A|
|Reward casket (elite)||Elite||15 (noted)||Common||N/A|
|Spirit impling jar||N/A||1||Unknown||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed crossbows|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||67.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
25 November 2019 (
- Renamed from 'Swamp lizard' to 'Green salamander'.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Salamanders now only require the appropriate Ranged level to equip them.
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- Attacking with this weapon's magic attack no longer claims every hit is a max hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the damage information, it still says bolts for ammo instead of guam tar.