||Green Guthixian butterfly only appears during certain events and may not be currently found in game.
Green Guthixian butterflies could be found during the 2019 Easter event, and Spring Festivals since 2021. They occasionally spawn at the compass clue coordinates that appear in elite trails. When caught, players were awarded direct experience in their lowest skill (the one with the least experience; 4,356 XP each at level 99) equal to double that of a Guthixian butterfly and the caught butterfly disappeared in a puff of coloured smoke. Players could catch up to ten green Guthixian butterflies each day.
In 2019, each butterfly restored 15% of either one's life points, Prayer points, or Summoning points, whichever was the most depleted. If all three points were at or above their maximum, one was randomly selected and temporarily boosted up to 5% above its maximum. Once the daily butterflies had been caught, no more could be caught for these bonuses.
Wearing the butterfly outfit increased the chance of successfully catching a green guthixian butterfly to 100%.
While free-to-play players may catch these, they would not receive the stated experience. Memstix, a druid devoted to Guthix located next to the Falador lodestone during the 2019 Easter event, confirmed this by saying only members were granted the experience bonuses.
For information on the increased limits, check Spring Festival (2021)
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- update 29 March 2021 (Update):
- The butterflies don't yield other boosts than experience.
- patch 29 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed incorrect character in game message, for catching guthixian butterflies.
- patch 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Guthix Butterflies to not respawn correctly.
- hotfix 16 April 2019:
- The spawning rate of Guthixian butterflies has been increased so that they appear more often.