Green Guthixian butterflies could be found throughout Gielinor during the 2019 Easter event. When caught, players were awarded direct experience in their lowest skill (the one with the least experience) equal to double that of a Guthixian butterfly and the caught butterfly disappeared in a puff of coloured smoke. Players could catch up to ten green Guthixian butterflies each day.
Each butterfly restored 15% of either one's life points, Prayer points, or Summoning points, whichever was the most depleted. If all three points were at or above their maximum, one was randomly selected and temporarily boosted up to 5% above its maximum. Once the daily butterflies had been caught, no more could be caught for these bonuses.
Wearing the butterfly outfit increased the chance of successfully catching a green guthixian butterfly to 100%.
While free-to-play players may catch these, they would not receive the stated experience. Memstix, a druid devoted to Guthix located next to the Falador lodestone during the 2019 Easter event, confirmed this by saying only members were granted the experience bonuses.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 29 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed incorrect character in game message, for catching guthixian butterflies
- patch 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Guthix Butterflies to not respawn correctly
- hotfix 16 April 2019:
- The spawning rate of Guthixian butterflies has been increased so that they appear more often.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 16 April 2019. (Archived from the original on 16 April 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Fixed some spawning logic that will now mean you should see Guthixan Butterflies that much more often"