Greegrees are magical talismans used for transforming into a non-human primate, however their use is bound to the island of Ape Atoll and the Ardougne Zoo. When in the primate form, all monsters on the island become non-aggressive.
To make a greegree, a player must take a monkey talisman and the corresponding primate bones or corpse to Zooknock, who can be found in the Marim dungeon. Each greegree transforms the player into the corresponding primate of the greegree when wielded. This effect is only in place on Ape Atoll as Zooknock cannot use his magic over long distances.
The greegrees are used in the Monkey Madness, Recipe for Disaster, and Do No Evil quests. At the very start of Monkey Madness, players will only be able to obtain a Monkey talisman by talking to the crying child in the house to the west of the monkey settlement when wearing the Monkeyspeak amulet. When they have had the greegree charged by Zooknock, additional Monkey talismans can be bought from the Magic stall for 1,000 coins each.
If a greegree is lost or destoyed, you will need to make a new one with a set of monkey bones and a new talisman (obtained from the monkey child), then bring them to Zooknock. All the other greegrees that have been previously combined will remain when you make a new greegree.
Types of greegrees[edit | edit source]
|Monkey greegree||Monkey bones||Kill any monkey on Karamja or Mos Le'Harmless. Monkey corpses also work.|
|Ninja monkey greegree (small)||Small ninja monkey bones||Kill any Monkey Archer on the platforms around Ape Atoll. They can be meleed and the bones can be picked up normally.|
|Ninja monkey greegree||Medium ninja monkey bones||Obtained by killing Padulah, Duke, Uodai or Ouhai.|
|Zombie monkey greegree (small)||Small zombie monkey bones||In the Temple of Marimbo basement.|
|Zombie monkey greegree||Large zombie monkey bones||In the Temple basement and in the Ape Atoll Dungeon.|
|Gorilla greegree||Gorilla bones||Kill any gorilla in the Temple of Marimbo.|
|Gorilla greegree (bearded)||Bearded gorilla bones||Kill a bearded gorilla standing near the ladder in the Temple.|
|Gorilla greegree (ancient)||Monkey skull||Loot a Monkey skull from a Zombie impling.|
Swapping greegrees[edit | edit source]
The different greegrees can be combined by using one on another. This adds both of the greegrees to a list that can be accessed via the Swap option on any of the greegrees that the player owns, and in the process deletes the greegree that was used on the other. The greegree can then be turned into any of the greegrees by selecting it in the list. The greegree cannot be swapped into another while it is equipped, but it is possible to equip another to change forms.
NOTE: It is possible to swap a greegree that has not been used on another, and therefore has not been added to the swap interface. Doing so will change the greegree and will unlock the swap option.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players can now access the adventures interface whilst having a monkey greegree equipped.
- patch 19 March 2018 (Update):
- Swapping to a different monkey greegree via one that is not yet stored will now store that type as well.
- ninja 4 December 2017 (Update):
- Greegrees can now be combined by using one on another. Added a new swap option that can be used to swap a greegree for any that have been combined together.
- Some of the 8 greegrees that had identical names have been renamed to differentiate them.
- Feedback messages on greegrees have been updated.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Players can no longer cast ice spells on a chimp ice whilst in monkey form.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Equipping a greegree whilst being punched by a monkey guard will no longer disfigure the player.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to remove a greegree while traversing agility obstacles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name greegree comes from the gris-gris, an African Voodoo amulet.