Graphical stretching glitch
The graphical stretching glitch, also known as the stretchy skin glitch or stretchy glitch, is one of the most common glitches seen as a result of RuneScape updates. The glitch most commonly affects moving objects that have been recently updated or are using something else that is the product of a recent update.
Common causes[edit | edit source]
The stretching glitch has a huge number of causes and is frequently introduced into the game unintentionally. Some of the most common updated features that cause this glitch are:
- Clothing and armour
- NPC/Monster attacks or special movements
Responses[edit | edit source]
Although often visually annoying or distracting, the stretching glitch does not have any negative impact on game mechanics or performance. Players who experience the glitch should report it to ensure a quick fix, but do not need to be concerned about bug abuse or other major issues.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The circus shirt no longer stretches when performing emotes.
- The subjugation hood no longer stretches on female characters.
- The relic helm of Saradomin no longer stretches when performing certain actions.
- The fifth heraldic rune kiteshield will no longer stretch.
- White platelegs no longer stretching on female characters when fishing.
- Veteran colossus armour no longer stretches when performing emotes.
- Ana's chathead is no longer stretching outside of the chathead window.
- Magic trees no longer appear stretched in the Lumbridge tree farming patch.
- patch 15 September 2008 (Update):
- The issue where skillcapes appeared slightly off-white, along with clipping and stretching issues, has been fixed. Skillcapes should now be cleaned and back to their original colours.