|Release||20 May 2013 (Update)|
|Location||See Hops patch|
|Examine||Grapevine seeds have been sown in this farming patch.|
|doc • Talk page|
Grapevines are grown by planting four grapevine seeds in a hops patch, requiring level 95 Farming, producing god grapes. It can be protected by paying a farmer 15 krandorian hops. The patch will need a frame to grow the vines, which can be built with five planks. Protean planks do work. Use the planks on the patch to build the frame.
Farming[edit | edit source]
|Payment||15 krandorian hops|
|Time||80 minutes (4x20 minutes)|
|Seeds per||4 seeds|
|Chance to save [?]||? (edit)|
Steps for farming[edit | edit source]
- Treat patch with compost, supercompost, or ultracompost for reduced disease chance and a higher yield (cannot be done after the frame is added unless the Fertile Soil spell is used or the compost is immediately added to the grapevines after planting).
- Create the frame (use five planks on the hops patch).
- Plant four grapevine seeds.
- Optionally check the patch regularly to prevent deaths or pay the nearby farmers 15 krandorian hops. Another option when death occurs can be the use of miraculous treatment, a level 104 Invention item which can be bought from the Grand exchange for less than the cost of a seed. This will prevent having to remove the dead crops, and reseed the patch.
- Harvest the yield, which will be a mix of Grapes of Saradomin, Grapes of Guthix and Grapes of Zamorak.
Yield with supercompost usually follows the same pattern each time: three Zamorak, one Guthix, one Saradomin, one Zamorak, one Guthix, one Saradomin, two random. The random grapes appear to have an equal chance of being any of the types. Thus, the expected grapes per patch is slightly more than 4⅔ Grapes of Zamorak, 2⅔ Grapes of Guthix, and 2⅔ Grapes of Saradomin for 10 grapes in total. In some cases, it is possible to obtain 11 total harvest actions per patch. The extra harvest action can be found in any location in the harvest order. The greenfingers aura works on hops, so if it is activated, it is possible to get more than 10 Grapes per patch. The extra grapes given are the same type as the ones that triggered the greenfingers effect. The probability for disease at any individual growth stage is about 2% and is about 6% for all growth stages.
Assuming that the patch is treated with supercompost, and the plant successfully grows, the minimum profit is 52,008 (excluding the random grapes). The expected profit (including the random grapes) is 114,883.33. Bear in mind that level 92 Cooking is required to sell the products as the grapes themselves are not tradeable.
The modified farmer's hat's seed-saving passive will only save one of the four seeds when it activates.
Growth stages[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- patch 30 April 2018 (Update):
- Activating the farming skillcape perk or a patch bomb on grape vines should now correctly inform the player how many produce they received.
- hotfix 20 May 2013 (Update):
- Remote Farming now handles the Grapevine farming patch states correctly.
- Ensured that several farming patches (including Grapes, Reeds, Fly traps and Snape grass) progress into the correct next state instead of changing into different patches.
- Farmers now take payment for protecting Grapevine and Reeds correctly.
- update 20 May 2013 (Update):
- Added to game.
- If you've the necessary Construction skill (level 60), you'll also be able to build frames for growing grapevines, which - when harvested - offer a crop of godly grapes, aligned to Saradomin, Zamorak and Guthix. When added to water and fermented, these become wines, which can be mixed into the rest or brew potions of their respective gods, creating super Guthix rest potions, super Saradomin brews and super Zamorak brews.
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each hops patch has a unique pattern for the grapevine frame. None of them use the simple diamond lattice.
|Gielinor Games (discontinued)|