A player transforming into a gorilla using the gorilla monkey greegree
A gorilla greegree allows the player to turn into a gorilla while on Ape Atoll and in the Ardougne Zoo. While in this form, the player, using a rope, can pick red bananas needed in Recipe for Disaster. To make a gorilla greegree, the player must take gorilla bones from a level 89 Monkey Guard and a Monkey Talisman to Zooknock.
The gorilla greegree is also used in the Do No Evil quest.
There are two different types of Gorilla greegree. It depends on which type of monkey guard's bones are used. If players uses the bones from the level 88 bearded monkey guard, they will receive the bearded gorilla greegree. If the player uses the bones of a level 89 beardless monkey guard, they will get the beardless version.
Overall there are 8 greegrees, including the large and small ninja greegrees, large and small zombie greegrees, bearded, blue faced and normal gorilla greegrees and the Karamjan greegrees.
The different greegrees can be combined by using one on another. This adds both of the greegrees to a list that can be accessed via the Swap option on any of the greegrees that the player owns, and in the process deletes the greegree that was used on the other. The greegree can then be turned into any of the greegrees by selecting it in the list. The greegree cannot be swapped into another while it is equipped, but it is possible to equip another to change forms.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players can now access the adventures interface whilst having a monkey greegree equipped.
- patch 19 March 2018 (Update):
- Swapping to a different monkey greegree via one that is not yet stored will now store that type as well.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Equipping a greegree whilst being punched by a monkey guard will no longer disfigure the player.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to remove this greegree while traversing agility obstacles.
- patch 7 June 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to lure monkey guards across Ape Atoll by equipping and unequipping greegrees.