Smelting gauntlets

From the RuneScape Wiki, the wiki for all things RuneScape
(Redirected from Goldsmith gauntlets)
Jump to: navigation, search
For the item before the Mining and Smithing rework, see Goldsmith gauntlets (historical).
Smelting gauntlets detail.png

Smelting gauntlets are a pair of members-only gloves that are available after completing the Family Crest quest. When worn, smithed bars go straight to the metal bank. The gauntlets also allow the player to smelt up to 60 bars at a time using the Make-X interface, instead of 28.

They can be obtained by right clicking the magical Family gauntlets (or any of the enchanted gauntlets) and choosing 'switch' and then choosing this option from the interface. If the gauntlets are enchanted already, it will cost 25,000 coins to change them.

If the gauntlets are destroyed or lost due to death, these gauntlets may be re-obtained free of charge from Dimintheis in south-east Varrock and will have the same enchantment on them.

The gauntlets also grant the wearer the same 1% experience boost if they own the Blacksmith's gloves but will not give you the extra 1% for wearing the full set. (you will get a total of 5% instead of the 6% for wearing the full set)

**Note: If you got the gloves before the mining and smithing rework there can be a bug where the ''switch'' option will only appear if you destroy the gloves and get them back from Dimintheis in varrock.

Combat Stats
RequirementsTier
NoneNone
ClassSlotAttributes
NoneGloves slot.pngDefenceArmour0
ConstitutionLife points0
WeaponsMainOffPrayerPrayer0
Damage--Damage reduction
Accuracy--PvM: 0%PvP: 0%
StyleNoneStyle bonuses
Range-Strength0Ranged0Magic0
[FAQ][doc]
Facts about "Smelting gauntlets"
All Is members onlytrue +
All Release dateJanuary 7, 2019 +
All Value1 +
Equipment JSON{"tier":0,"armour":0,"slot":"hands"} +
Equipment armour0 +
Equipment slothands +
Equipment tier0 +
Is members onlytrue +
Item JSON{"edible":"no","e
{"edible":"no","equipable":"yes","stackable":"no","stacksinbank":"yes","death":"never","name":"Smelting gauntlets","bankable":"yes","gemw":false,"members":"yes","release_date":"7 January 2019","disassembly":"no","release_update_post":"Mining and Smithing Rework","lendable":"no","destroy":"You can obtain another set of Smelting gauntlets from Dimintheis.","highalch":0,"tradeable":"no","examine":"These gauntlets allow for smelting directly to the metal bank (These work with superheat item when inside the Artisans' Workshop).","noteable":"no"}
#34;,"noteable":"no"} +
Kept on deathnever +
Location restrictionquest +
Release dateJanuary 7, 2019 +
Value1 +