Golden fish eggs are items that can be gained whilst training Fishing ( Note that you cannot receive golden fish eggs directly through fishing desert soles, catfish, and beltfish in Menaphos except from prawn balls and crackers, evidenced from the fact that charges from prawn pennies and prawn pounds will not decrease from fishing in Menaphos), looting the Motherlode Maw, opening golden prawn crackers, prawn balls or prawn crackers, at a rate of 1/200. They can be gained without the requisite level in Fishing as golden mystery eggs if it is gained through golden prawn crackers, prawn balls or prawn crackers.
It is not possible to gain a second egg of the same fish. At level 99 Fishing, it averages two to three hours per golden fish egg. One golden mystery egg is a guaranteed reward as the Tier 2 Prawn Perk from the Prawnbroker. A Golden prawn cracker, which grants both you and the person you use it on a golden mystery egg, is a guaranteed reward as the tier 4 Prawn Perk.
It is not required to have an aquarium built to obtain golden fish eggs. There are a total of 14 unique golden fish eggs to collect.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue in which destroying golden fish eggs from the bank wouldn't allow you to reobtain them.
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- Previously, there was an issue where players who lost their eggs would not be able to prestige their aquarium. Those who have experienced this bug will find the fish in their tank and do not need to reacquire the fish egg.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose POH aquarium eggs and not be able to prestige the aquarium.
- POH aquarium eggs will no longer be lost on death.