|Release||21 March 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item||Between a Rock...|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Made of gold and white gold.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
While wearing the helmet, the player can enter the massive Arzinian Mines near Keldagrim by being shot from Dondakan's cannon. While in the mine, removing the helmet at any time teleports the player from the mine back to Dondakan.
Along with the Barrelchest anchor, the helmet is one of the heaviest pieces of equipment in the game. During the quest, the helmet becomes so heavy that after 8 minutes in the mine the player breaks down and removes it, which forces them to restart that part of the quest.
While the 8 minute time limit in the mine no longer applies after quest completion, the player must wear the helmet at all times while in it. Logging out while in the mine leaves the helmet on but returns the player outside next to Dondakan.
Following the quest, a player may continue to make gold helmets for 30 Smithing experience. However, a player may not have a gold helmet in their inventory while doing so. If they do, the avatar will say "I think I'd better use this gold bar in a furnace". The option to make a gold helmet will not be available if a player has one in their bank.
To gain additional helmets for Bank organisation, a player can use a modified version of the drop trick. The player cannot pick up a second helmet with one in their inventory, as doing so will prompt a dialogue box stating, "There's no point in having two helmets." A player can work around this restriction by instead telegrabbing dropped helmets.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 April 2013 (Update):
- The following items can now be used inside a Dragon Keepsake box: Sailor's hat, Doctors hat, Nurse hat, Gold helmet, Fish hats from Hunt for Red Raktuber, and Hallowed / Unhallowed equipment.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When you smith the gold helmet, a prompt in your chat box says "You forge a beautiful and very heavy golden helmet out of solid gold. Who knows, this might become a new fashion rage?"
- The examine text says "Made of gold and white gold", yet exactly where the white gold comes from is unknown. White gold is made by combining gold with other metals such as silver or platinum, but neither material enters into the process of creating the gold helmet. However, yellow gold can be dipped in a chemical acid to change its composition to white.
- At 31 kg, it is also mysteriously heavier than the 3 gold bars used in its creation.
|Related to the Rise of the Red Axe quest series|