The goebie disguise kit is obtained by using the magic flute on Lunch four times until he gives you the kit, as part of the Mod Deg trading sequence.
If a delicious seaweed is used on the kit it will change into a underwater disguise kit. This is also part of the sequence.
If the kit is operated in Mazcab, the player will transform into a random Goebie. This has a 5 minute cooldown like previous items in the sequence, although lobbying (including hopping worlds) refreshes this timer. This cannot be done inside Raids boss instances. Players using this item during a supply run can still be attacked by other players.
Attempting to activate it away from Mazcab results in the message "Your disguise wouldn't be believable here."
While transformed into a Goebie, you can freely walk for 18 seconds, but if you attempt to do activities, such as teleporting, it will say "You don't know how to teleport, you're a Goebie!" Activities such as Fletching will keep your Goebie form.
During Christmas events in December, some Goebie disguises will be wearing santa hats.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- Character stretching issues when cancelling an active duel while a goebie disguise kit is active have now been fixed.
- patch 4 January 2016 (Update):
- Resting with a Goebie disguise kit no longer stretches the character.
- Transforming into a Goebie while doing some emotes causes a graphical glitch.