Goebie villagers are Goebies that can be found wandering around Kanatah and Otot on Mazcab. Four can also be found in the Nardah goebie camp. They can appear with a variety of different names, with each world having a random set of named villagers. This includes the Mazcab guides by the entrances to Nemi Forest.
They occasionally converse with other villagers, and sometimes greet nearby players. Their behaviour towards the player depends on player's reputation amongst the Goebies.
As part of the Mod Deg trading sequence, players can use Apollo's helmet on a Goebie, prompting it to trade it for the Magic flute or give the name of the Goebie who will continue the trade.
During the Christmas events in December, goebies can be seen wearing santa hats.
Goebies (name varies) can also rarely be seen in Shattered Worlds, using melee, and reward a significant amount of Shattered anima if killed. The anima given caps at ~1.2M per kill.
|Alexander (Alex)||Basil||Benjamin (Ben)||Bethany (Beth)||Billy|
|Cherry||Christopher (Chris)||Clifford||Colin||Cragpole (Craggers)|
|Danny (Dan)||David (Dave)||Dean||Debrah (Debby)||Degland|
|Lump||Mark||Maxwell (Max)||Melinda (Mel)||Melisandre|
|Riff||Robert (Rob)||Rodger (Rod)||Rupert||Samuel (Sam)|
|Spencer (Spence)||Steven (Steve)||Stodge||Stuart (Stu)||Susan|
|Tantibus||Terrance||Theresa||Tim (Timmy)||Timothy (Tim)|
|Toby||Tod||Toebie||Vince (Vinny)||Wallace (Wally)|
|Wayne||Yann||Yon||Zayn||Zesty|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 6 June 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer re-watch cutscenes using a communication device while disguised as a goebie.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Goebies now occasionally fall over.
- patch 30 November 2015 (Update):
- Goebies named Wally have learnt how to properly capitalise their names.
- patch 7 September 2015 (Update):
- Added some missing colours to goebies on Mazcab.
- Players can now consistently use the Quick-travel option on goebies on Mazcab if they have the required reputation.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- A grammatical error within the goebie courier event text has been fixed.
- Ironman accounts can no longer participate in the Goebie courier event.
- The names "Goebiewan" and "Kenobi" are references to the fictional character Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars.
- Each member of the Watch at the time of Mazcab's release had a goebie in game named after them. Among these are "Kyle" for Mod Ramen, "Degland" for Mod Deg, and "Fred" for Mod Avatar.
- The name "Gaben" came about as the winning name from a small competition during a Raids teaser stream. It is a reference to Gabe Newell, co-founder of Valve Corporation.
- The name "Melisandre" is a reference to Melisandre from George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.
- The names "Harry", "Niall", "Zayn", "Louis", and "Liam" are a reference to the British boyband One Direction.
- The name "Yann" is a nod to the Jagex concept artist by the same name.
- The name "Jick" may be a reference to Zack "Jick" Johnson, creator of the satirical online RPG Kingdom of Loathing.
- The name "Tantibus" was inspired by an NPC in a personal project of Mod Ramen's which changed over time, resulting in Nex: Angel of Death.
- The name "Shauny" was added on 21 March 2016 to honour Mod Shauny, who is known to have an affinity for goebies.
- As part of the 2017 April Fools celebrations, a message was broadcast that a goebie managed to kill Mod Shauny.