"Factions" redirects here. For the Menaphos districts, see Districts
God Emissaries are a group of followers, each devoted to a different god, who attempt to convert citizens of Gielinor to their religion as well. From them, players will be able to show their alignment to the god of their choice by wielding a banner and perform tasks for rewards which include experience, titles, upgrades for the banner and a level 60 hybrid helm, the Relic helm. There are nine Emissaries, each of which will give a full account of what their god represents, what these gods have been up to since the Edicts of Guthix were abolished and why players should follow that particular god.
Players cannot align with more than one god at a time. If they choose to change their alignment, the progress in terms of the emissary-related tasks would continue as usual.
Only the base banner is available to free players. Only members can do tasks for upgrades and further rewards.
Concept art of four emissaries: Endwyr, Relomia, Holstein and Moldark.
Title, god banner, and relic helm alignment will all be changed for free by talking to the emissary of a different god.
- A title showing your alignment to a particular god.
- A god banner showing your alignment to a particular god, with cosmetic upgrades as tasks are completed.
- A level 60 hybrid helm called a relic helm, also showing your alignment to a particular faction.
- Experience totalling 109,250 across various skills.
- Completing the combat set will allow you to boost all combat skills by 5 levels for a period of 30 minutes each day.
- Completing the skilling set will allow you to boost one non-combat skill by 2 levels for a period of 30 minutes each day.
- Completing the exploration set will allow you to boost agility by 5 levels for 30 minutes a day.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- A typo when a player has been supplied with body armour for a god emissary has been fixed.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- God Emissary reward stat boosts can no longer be stalled.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- Bonus equipment no longer gives bonus XP for God Emissary tasks.
- hotfix 4 June 2013 (Update):
- Made the God Emissaries personal areas work once again.
- Prior to 4 June 2013, additional experience could be gained by using several experience boosters, for example: clan avatar, clan ring, all Pendants of Skill, experience boosting sets, and experience boosting auras.
- Hannu, the emissary of V, is the only emissary who is only accessible to members, and is the only emissary who requires the completion of a quest (Hero's Welcome) to be unlocked.