The God letters were a feature in RuneScape where a player could send a letter through post or e-mail to Jagex, who would pass it on to one of three major RuneScape gods: Guthix, Saradomin, or Zamorak. These 3 gods would respond to the letter. The last issue was released on 9 December 2004. The letters feature was resumed in a different format as Postbag from the Hedge on 26th September 2005.
Before the god letters were discontinued, players often addressed the gods when they wanted to ask general questions or questions about strange phenomena.
Saradomin would answer in a polite yet somewhat egotistical manner, though his answers seemed to be generally accurate; Zamorak would respond to letters with frequent insults and would belittle players' questions; and Guthix would speak in an unbiased tone, but would occasionally hide things from the players. Guthix would also use old-fashioned dialects, and words and phrases not used in modern English.
The god letters are no longer considered canon.
Letters[edit | edit source]
- Issue 1 - Saradomin Speaks
- Issue 2 - The People Rejoice
- Issue 3 - Ep Three: A New Bone
- Issue 4 - The All-powerful Jellyfish
- Issue 5 - Moody monsters
- Issue 6 - All Hallow's Eve
- Issue 7 - Unisex?
- Issue 8 - Monk bashing
- Issue 9 - Zamorak retaliates!
- Issue 10 - Zamorak does one
- Issue 11 - Zamorak Loves Letters
- Issue 12 - Guthix Manifests
- Issue 13 - Guthix Maintains
- Issue 14 - The Return of Saradomin
- Issue 15 - Zamorak speaks his mind once more
- Issue 16 - Guthix Dispels Rumours
- Issue 17 - Saradomin Speaks Once More
- Issue 18 - Zamorak Rises!
- Issue 19 - Guthix Embraces Change
- Issue 20 - Saradomin Answers Questions
- Issue 21 - Saradomin Illuminates
- Issue 22 - Zamorak Deconstructs
- Issue 23 - Zamorak Considers Some Issues
- Issue 24 - Guthix Ponders
- Issue 25 - Guthix Reiterates
- Issue 26 - Saradomin Preaches
- Issue 27 - Saradomin Enlightens
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Saradomin's appearance in the letters after RuneScape 2 was released
References[edit | edit source]